Help Please A4 b8 avant ns tear door lock

Gooders

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have an issue with my ns rear door. Atm it’s hit and miss opening using the outside handle. After trading up I think it’s the locking mech.
Has any one used a non gen lock and if so what makes and cost have they been? Importantly have they worked.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. How long did it take? Any tips or links to how tos?

Cheers

Only took around 30 mins its pretty straight forward. Mine is a saloon but I cant imagine the Avant is much different. Worst bit is finding all the screws in the door panel. I think there were around 5 or 6 in total. 2 under the cover on the interior handle (the big one for closing the door) 2 or 3 under the trim at the top of the door which sits just behind the opening handle. and last one is at the bottom of the trim. After they are out the trim pulls forward. You will need to disconnect a few connectors to remove it fully. You will need a torx 25 screw driver and a spline socket for the latch I cant remember the size. Only other thing worth mentioning is the connection for the cable to the interior opening handle. Its a white clip that is a bit fiddly. The end closest to the handle needs to be lifted slightly then it slides back. the rest is pretty self explanitory.

Hope that makes sense? if you need any advice when you are doing it drop me a message.

Depending if you are feeling brave or not...….
You can strip down the mechanism and clean up the motor contacts, I did mine and its worked perfectly since, it had the potential to go wrong in a nightmare of springs and levers though.

I did think of that but as it’s the smalls side I’m going to get a new one. Once fitted I’ll have a go at ripping apart.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Door lock replaced in just over an hour. Went for a gen item (£96) as feedback on the cheaper ones was poor.

If any one else needs to do one get yourself a set of door trim tools £4 Ebay well worth it.

Cheers have a good weekend

Reactions: EXSpartan36
Me too can’t trust the small not to open the door while moving. Will pull apart old one when time allows.