Help Please A4 B8.5 Avant drivers door

Madrab

Reaction score
Folks,

A4 B8.5 Avant .... Every now and again the drivers door doesn't open, it's almost as if the door hasn't unlocked. The door handle just pulls out with no resistance as if the door is still locked. The door will open no problem from the inside handle and everything else opens without an issue as normal.

After a period of time and an unpredictable number of locking/unlocking cycles, it then starts to work again and the door handle opens the door without issue until the next time.

Anyone come across this issue and know what the issue could be?

TIA

Probably best to remove the door card and have a look. Thankfully it's a fairly straight forward process.

Reactions: Madrab
you need a new door lock actuator, common fault on all audis I have a rear passenger one the same but I dont use the rear seats so sod it

Reactions: Madrab
you need a new door lock actuator, common fault on all audis I have a rear passenger one the same but I dont use the rear seats so sod it
Ah ok, thanks for that. Would that not flag up a fault code as there's nothing in VCDS. As a matter of fact the passenger door has just done the same thing.

Ah ok, thanks for that. Would that not flag up a fault code as there's nothing in VCDS. As a matter of fact the passenger door has just done the same thing.

The Jaguar I had would come up with a scan tool if it were a door actuator and say which one, not sure about Audi though but I would have thought so as well.

Now that your other door is doing it, I wonder if it could be battery related?