1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 , B8.5 Airbag light. Driver side front crash sensor

Dom29 Jul 7, 2018

1. Dom29

Dom29 Member

Hi all ,

In the drivers (RH) side fuse box the previous owner had a 12V socket hard wired , guessing for his sat nav. Anyway I used this to charge a tracker which I hid behind the fuse box (I know not the best place but better than nothing!)

Anyway I was playing around with the tracker trying to get it to fit . When i fired up the car the airbag light was on , I thought nothing of it really as It came on once before when i had the door in bits and stupidly turned on the ignition .

I had the car plugged in and showed an error with the drives front crash sensor. The fault wont clear so the airbag light remains.

Now it could be completely unrelated to me adding the tracker but just guess its the most likely cause. I have had a look round the fuse box and none of the wires look damaged and everything else seems fine .

Im planning on taking the car to an auto-electrician as the start/stop also hasnt kicked in for around 12 months . But before I do this i was contemplating trying to replace the crash sensor as they arent that expensive looking at ebay. But i cant find where the bloody thing is!

Any advice on what to try next or the location would be most appreciated. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Ransom

Ransom New Member

Hi
    usually the front crash sensors are located at the front of the car either side of the radiator (yellow two pin plug if I remember right?) Between headlight and radiator held on with 2 bolts it would be worth (with ignition off) to remove both front sensors and swap them as they are the same and see if the fault swaps to passenger side, if it does it's the sensor if not you have saved yourself buying a sensor and the fault is elsewhere hope this helps you out

4. Dom29

Dom29 Member

Thankyou , i had a look this morning and still struggling to find either of them . Would access be better from underneith ?

5. Ransom

Ransom New Member

Honestly I don't know? I just remember them being higher up fastened against the front panel, not much help I know but they are around that area