a4 b7 turbo problems

stuartyp

Reaction score
I have a 05 blb engine d a4 i think my turbo is away. it sounds like the fins on the turbo are rubbing the housing. Would this be right? There is no smoke and only happens when i am driving. I can sit still and rev the life out of it and it make the sound but as soon as you drive you can hear it. Can anyone give me a bit off advice. Many thanks stuart

What's the power delivery like? Does it boost as it should?

Are there any flat spots in the acceleration?

Does it ever trip into limp mode?

J:)

No mate its never went into limp mode. its pretty flat to about 3k then goes. i pulled the air box out and it sounds like the fins in the turbo but im scared that it could be the oil pump. There is a slight bit of movement in the fins but i dont know

No mate its never went into limp mode. its pretty flat to about 3k then goes. i pulled the air box out and it sounds like the fins in the turbo but im scared that it could be the oil pump. There is a slight bit of movement in the fins but i dont know

My 05 blb exhibited similar symptoms and it was the turbo. Finally gave up after circa 95 k and five thousand miles or so after first making the symptomatic noise you describe. The oil pump /balance shaft assemblies pending failure is more of a low pitched rattle from low down at the front of the sump ( I have replaced this as well ). Damned expensive cars these blb powered units !

My 05 blb exhibited similar symptoms and it was the turbo. Finally gave up after circa 95 k and five thousand miles or so after first making the symptomatic noise you describe. The oil pump /balance shaft assemblies pending failure is more of a low pitched rattle from low down at the front of the sump ( I have replaced this as well ). Damned expensive cars these blb powered units !

The noise has just started so i have pulled the car off the road i dont want it doing any other damage..