A4 B7 SAT NAV RETRO FIT - WHATS NEEDED

doug.p

Reaction score
i have doen a search and found nothing conclusive
basically i have the concert head unit and bose and i would like to know if its possible to fit sat nav ?
if so how difficlt is it and what parts do i need ?
thanks in advance

I'm doing the retro fit at the mo. Is yours a concert II or II+ ? The II+ is double din and is a straight swap..... bar two little issues. If your's is a single din then you'll need more stuff.

What year of car is yours ?

i have searched sat nav retro fit and it brought up 0 threads !!

mine is a concert double din
i think all i need is the
sat nav unit and airel thingy ? is this right?

Yep kinda. You need to move a couple of pins about on the quad lock to make the bose work. Audiforums.us is the #1 place for this info.

The ariel issue is a weird one. General conensus on the forums is that there is a Golf varient adaptor which converts the new version of diversity antenna system found in "facelift" B7 A4s back to the old diversity version for rns-e to use. Some people who use it have said it's not the case.

I'm investigating whether I can just put in the antenna adaptor found in the left side boot, (behind the boot rim directly under the rear window) from a pre- facelift B7 avant. Although it's doubtful as the right side window has an aerial wire which plugs into nothing....... so it may be totally different.

The saloon antenna setup is harder to change as I believe the fakra connecter based unit is bonded to the top of the rear screen.

Last edited:
so my concert double din is a straigh swap as far as size goes
the unit i brought from ebay has a GPS antanna with it ans 2009 disks
i have bose speakers so what else do i need in the way of connectors ?? any other tips ?
2006 56 avant

Ok,

Just done my retro fit. I didn't need any other connectors to get it working. Radio reception is ok, so may not bother investing in a fix for the diversity. Only thing I needed to do was move the k-line and bose pins around on the quadlock connector and code the unit and car with vagcom..... and thats it.

15 to 20 mins job tops.

just though of another question
how will i play CD's ??
do they go in the slot behind the screen or do you need a cd changer, if so where do i put this in the car as i have the IPOD docking station in my glovebox

Why not convert your CDs into MP3 files, put these onto an SD card (up to 4GB SD, not SDHC) and use the two SD slots in the front of the RNSe (open the screen to see them)

:rockwoot: good idea - are both slots free - ie not used or needed for anything else ??

Yup as said, use SD cards. The RNS-e drive can play audio cds, but then you loose the ability to use Navigation while your listerning (as the nav maps play direct from the nav DVD)

The ipod dock mimics the CD auto changer.. so it's one or the other on that front.