1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 b7 iPod connector- lightning

T07 Feb 26, 2018

1. T07

T07 New Member

Quick one, I have symphony 2+ with integrated cd changer and iPod dock in glove box. This is the old 30 pin iPod connector.

Can I use a lightning adaptor to allow me to play music from my iPhone?

If not is there a work around, struggling to find a definitive answer on google.

2. T07

T07 New Member

Someone’s bound to know!

3. Metalsmurf

Metalsmurf Member Team Dolphin Grey TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

I have the same. Tried an adaptor. Couldn't get it to work. Not even to charge. Thinking of another solution. Don't want to change the stereo. Thinking of taking the iPod adaptor out and replacing with a Bluetooth module.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. piglet14

piglet14 Still waiting for my midlife crisis car

I have just bought a 56 plate A4 with Bose and old iPod lead in glovebox.
    There is also a loose plastic bracket in the glovebox, don't know if that is the docking station come adrift.
    Anyway, if a buy a iPod female to 3.5mm jack adapter lead, will that allow me to stream from my Android phone?

5. Metalsmurf

Metalsmurf Member Team Dolphin Grey TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

I doubt it. As I said I tried an adaptor and it wouldn't even charge. I removed the iPod box and my parrot Bluetooth and replaced with a Bluetooth adaptor from eBay. For £52 it's brilliant. I can stream my music and make calls. It even uses my steering wheel controls.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. piglet14

That sounds a more elegant solution.
    Could you post a link to the eBay item you used?
    Thanks

7. Metalsmurf

8. piglet14

Thank you.
    Difficult to fit?
    I guess it's head unit out.
    I'll have to check compatibility, mines got the flip down Satnav screen.

9. Metalsmurf

No not difficult at all. It just plugs into the CD changer slot. Head unit out job yes. And you need to connect it to earth to work.

10. piglet14

Bought, fitted, working.
    Got a background hum though not audible when driving.
    Where did you ground the earthwire? Mine is on the back of the head unit.
    Thanks

11. Metalsmurf

I can hear a hum. But only if I turn the volume right up with nothing playing. I'll just check to see where I put the earth, I'll get back to you soon

12. Metalsmurf

I used the ground from the Parrot device I removed. Not sure where it goes but it's away from the head unit. Might be worth a try.

13. piglet14

The iPod lead disappeared behind the heater panel so I left it in.
    Where is it?

14. Metalsmurf

Not sure what you mean mate.

15. piglet14

Resolved the hum.
    It was phone resetting to half volume on reconnection.
    Turn phone vol up no hum.
    Have to do it every time I get in the car though.

16. Metalsmurf

Strange. Maybe you can go into the settings to stop it doing it.

17. piglet14

All seems to be managed by Dolby Atmos, I'll try turning the Volume Leveller off see what that does.