A4 B7 Avant K04 2.0TFSI quattro progress thread

You boys are lucky as you can get a TTE420 hybrid and have SOOOO much fun. Plug and play, but indeed needs better rods + all stage 2 hardware.

I seem to recall the CDL lumps from S3 don't need internals. Just wasn't sure on the a4 platform cars as I know the BUL is a different compression ratio to the normal 200bhp units

Just to update this thread, after an unexpected chance to have a company car I have put a for sale advert in the classifieds to see if there is much interest.

I had not planned to sell this car but there is a chance for someone to own a very well sorted TFSI A4 Avant for a fraction of the cost to buy and build the car to the standard that it is now

Sad news that you are planning to sell it, seems such a shame after all you've done.
Just had a look at the advert and some serious kit frankly , but as much as I hope you get the asking price I don't think you will unless there is a buyer that really wants it at the price.
Highly tuned and modified cars and A4 B7's are no exception don't sell very well , its not that they are not worth it but more a case of buyers are very wary of used modded cars and what would happen in the event of a mechanical failure, it would be a much more costly repair in its current state of tune with all the mods than if it were just factory level with maybe just a remap, and at the end of the day its resale value will allways be the book price plus a bit for condition etc....the modded parts have very little effect on its current market value , if anything it makes it harder to sell as only a small group of enthuiasts will be looking for such a car.

Anyway its a shame to see you sell it and I doubt your company car will be as much fun.
good luck
rob

Reactions: Dani_B19
why not put it back to semi standard and sell those great parts separate, probably more likely to get the money you want maybe more , I know of a few guys that would buy just the parts without a second thought but not the whole car, hey I would go for a few bits....

While that may be partly true, it's not so much the case with my car as it has only had the k04 upgrade and tune for a few months now so the car has not been abused. It was also completely standard when I bought it and very well maintained

It's also just a turbo upgrade with supporting mods, it's not like it's a fully forged engine and with the work that has been done to the car it should be a lot stronger than a standard model that you can pick up

Putting it back to standard would be an option but I don't tend to keep old parts so I don't really have that choice.

If I don't get someone willing to buy the car for what I'm looking then I will just hold onto it

sounds like a plan then, that's allways the downside of upgrades unless you keep the old parts you have to sell the car with the goodies fitted...good luck with it .

Reactions: SPek9