A4 B7 Avant K04 2.0TFSI quattro progress thread

BennyG_UK

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
I seem to recall the CDL lumps from S3 don't need internals. Just wasn't sure on the a4 platform cars as I know the BUL is a different compression ratio to the normal 200bhp units

SPek9

Just to update this thread, after an unexpected chance to have a company car I have put a for sale advert in the classifieds to see if there is much interest.

I had not planned to sell this car but there is a chance for someone to own a very well sorted TFSI A4 Avant for a fraction of the cost to buy and build the car to the standard that it is now

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Sad news that you are planning to sell it, seems such a shame after all you've done.
Just had a look at the advert and some serious kit frankly , but as much as I hope you get the asking price I don't think you will unless there is a buyer that really wants it at the price.
Highly tuned and modified cars and A4 B7's are no exception don't sell very well , its not that they are not worth it but more a case of buyers are very wary of used modded cars and what would happen in the event of a mechanical failure, it would be a much more costly repair in its current state of tune with all the mods than if it were just factory level with maybe just a remap, and at the end of the day its resale value will allways be the book price plus a bit for condition etc....the modded parts have very little effect on its current market value , if anything it makes it harder to sell as only a small group of enthuiasts will be looking for such a car.

Anyway its a shame to see you sell it and I doubt your company car will be as much fun.
good luck
rob

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
why not put it back to semi standard and sell those great parts separate, probably more likely to get the money you want maybe more , I know of a few guys that would buy just the parts without a second thought but not the whole car, hey I would go for a few bits....

SPek9

While that may be partly true, it's not so much the case with my car as it has only had the k04 upgrade and tune for a few months now so the car has not been abused. It was also completely standard when I bought it and very well maintained

It's also just a turbo upgrade with supporting mods, it's not like it's a fully forged engine and with the work that has been done to the car it should be a lot stronger than a standard model that you can pick up

Putting it back to standard would be an option but I don't tend to keep old parts so I don't really have that choice.

If I don't get someone willing to buy the car for what I'm looking then I will just hold onto it

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
sounds like a plan then, that's allways the downside of upgrades unless you keep the old parts you have to sell the car with the goodies fitted...good luck with it .