A4 B7 Avant Bose wiring loom

bunnyfunk

Reaction score
I've managed to get my hands on full set of Bose speakers and sub, including the wiring loom which connects from the sub.

Am I correct in thinking, the front/center speakers are powered from the head unit and the rear speakers are powered from the sub?

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction of how to splice the new wiring loom in?

Currently on a non bose system the front speakers are driven by the HU and a two channel amp drives the rears, in a BOSE system all speakers are driven from the amp, this means a rewire of the front preamp signals to the rear amp and the front speakers to the rear amp. Not the easiest of wiring jobs, done it on an A3 and an A2. On a non BOSE I'm not sure you have a front center speaker.

Reactions: bunnyfunk
Currently on a non bose system the front speakers are driven by the HU and a two channel amp drives the rears, in a BOSE system all speakers are driven from the amp, this means a rewire of the front preamp signals to the rear amp and the front speakers to the rear amp. Not the easiest of wiring jobs, done it on an A3 and an A2. On a non BOSE I'm not sure you have a front center speaker.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Yeah, there is a front center speaker.

I think if the weather was better and I had a long weekend, I would probably strip the interior and give it a go.
..but it's too cold, wet and this 3rd lockdown has made my interest in my car almost zero.

I know what you mean, it's a big job, best part of a day. It's -20 here daily and snow so I don't do anything outside if possibe.

Reactions: bunnyfunk