A4 b7 3.0 TDI tiptronic info needed

Princy

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm in the process of changing my transmission fluid and filter and am trying to identify which fluid to use.

It's a 6hp19a tiptronic Quattro box and all the information I've found so far suggests that the correct fluid will be dictated by the current software revision and the only thing I can find with VCDS that looks like a software code is 0070.

Can anyone please give me any pointers as to where I can find what is definitely the software revision and also what version of software is the latest available for my car.

It's an 2008 A4 b7 cabriolet, 3.0tdi Quattro, ASB engine with 6hp19a transmission.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Just to add a bit more information, the transmission data from the VCDS scan is :-

Labels 09L-927-760

Part no. SW: 8E1 910 156 H
HW: 09L 927 156 B

Component AG6 09L 3.0 TDI 150 0070

Revision --H01-

Serial no. 4313784

Coding 0000001

Shop #WSC 00672 785 00200

VCID: 2C509C9F8F18905ED1-8078

I'm a little confused by the component data, am I right in thinking that the 150 following the 3.0TDI suggests that the current software is set for 150kw output and if so would there be any torque limitations in place that would not be present in the correct software version?

ZF lifeguard 6 oil normally on 6hp 19
I wouldn't go too crazy with torq on this gearbox - 700nm max I would say

Last edited:
Reactions: Princy
Thanks both, it would be nice to get something close to 700nm Bobby.

Does the 150 indicated in the component data mean the box has 150kw software as I've seen a couple of VCDS reads while searching for info that have 171 where mine reads the 150? Also would that mean that there may be torque restrictions in the current software?

I’ve tuned these gearboxes with a bv50 to 290/300hp with 680nm

I done another with a hybrid 2260 in a a6 with 6hp 19 at established 400hp / 750nm

So they can make the power.

Don’t worry about the gearbox torq limiter, many ways around that.

Cheers
Bobby

Cheers Bobby, that's good to know.

Back on the trail of the fluid, if my car does have a transmission software update, will it still be okay with lifeguard 6 then it will it have to have 8? Is there a list of software versions available from somewhere as there doesn't seem to be much in the way of clear information out there.

Thanks again

Carl

Your gearbox has these available - however, its like any software development they make a change to improve one thing and can break another. I would say if you are happy with its behavior leave it on the current software.

Oil is based on the gearbox type not software version.

Thanks again Bobby

Looks like my software version is the 0070 then I'm guessing so will go with Lifeguard 6 for the refill.

Gear changes do seem quite sluggish in drive but much better in sport or tip modes but then it does hang onto gears too long for town driving and tip seems to much hassle round town but that seems to be a common complaint with these boxes hence the interest in the gearbox flashing thread you have going.

Cheers

Carl