A4 B7 2.0tdi Sline Heating and ECON issues

DeanD91

Reaction score
Hi everyone been having an issue with my car. The fans are constantly blowing cold air no mater what the setting. Recently the ECON light has been light and seems to steam up the windows. When I have the air off the windows also steam so can't really use the car very much with this fault.

Any ideas?

econ turns off air conditioning, with econ activated in my car it has always steamed up my windows (during winter months) I have always assumed this to be normal behaviour. From memory it does say something along these lines in the cars manual.

As for there being no heat action I would take is get the heater matrix flushed/checked. Are there any unusual sounds from when heating is on?

Does your engine temp gauge reach 90?

Also what car do you have?

just a quick google on this subject brings up a lot of suggestions that it could be an air lock in heater matrix

EDIT: more worryingly the possibility your water pump is faulty!

just a quick google on this subject brings up a lot of suggestions that it could be an air lock in heater matrix

EDIT: more worryingly the possibility your water pump is faulty!

Its 2005 A4 Sline 2.0tdi.. Temp guage goes to 90 and stays there fine.. Ive just had the oil pump replaced at quite an expense is the water pump pricey?

Could it be the blend flap actuators? On the old climate control in mk4 golf etc there was a diag mode to read any faults. Failing that vcds to read for codes, if anyone local to you has it. I had a bland flap stick and my Mrs always had really hot feet in the summer!

Its 2005 A4 Sline 2.0tdi.. Temp guage goes to 90 and stays there fine.. Ive just had the oil pump replaced at quite an expense is the water pump pricey?
Not to buy (around £40 I think) but the labour is horrendous. If you temp is stable it won't be the pump I'm sure.

As novril says put a call out (recommend you start new thread asking for vcds help) to see if anyone near you has Vcds. There is a map of people who have it on here drop down menu to the right of the competitions button select vcds map from there. You can click on the nearest one to your location and send polite pm to that member asking for help. Beer tokens are usually the reward for this help I believe.

Mine did this when i bought it, pop the gloe box off and check the motors are working, there are also temperature sensors in the vents from what i could find out, check those to see if they are clean aswell, mine was the sctuator flaps not moving

Had the car with the mechanic today.. It's the heater matrix that's gone, hopefully get the part on Monday and have it sorted ASAP!