A4 B7 2.0Tdi EGR problems

nik-b

Reaction score
Hi all,

a few months ago i finally got around to replacing my EGR unit. I went for a replacement rather than just a clean due to the miles the car has done now. Everything went well and the codes cleared and MIL light went off the dash. With the new unit it began to run a bit lumpy at idle and smoke a lot when not under load. There were a few episodes of what i could only describe as the engine cutting out until the light came back on the dash again. I hooked up VCDS and its showing a egr position sensor fault now, on a new unit which has been on the car only a couple of thousand miles. As it happens the car is running great with the light on, i'm guessing the EGR is currently doing nothing though.

Have i just been unlucky with a new part and its failed, or are there any clues on how to fix this ?

I also have a secondary question, on VCDS my EGR value was set at 128. I was also unable to change this as it appeared to be locked. the only screenshots i have seen of these values tend to be in the thousands. Does anyone know what the 'default' EGR value should be ?

thanks

Reactions: MitchGTV
Hi,

Now this i have not done. i will try and then report back

thanks Benten !

Hi,

i've run the adaptation here now.

i cleared the error first, then ran the adaptation and went through the pedal sequence with vcds and it seemed to run through the settings and changed the revs as it was measuring. appeared to complete as expected but it brings up the error which reads :

P1443-007-signal too low

so i think there is a voltage issue on the wiring so i want to meter the loom and check i've got the right voltage first.

from having a read i think i should find 5v on one of the pins but i wanted to see if anyone knows how to do this. There are a number of pins in there but i cant see any indication of which pin should be live. any ideas as to which pin does which job ?

i did clean the connector and make sure it was seated as it should be.

thanks for any help

Did anyone ever suss this issue out ?
I’ve got this exact same fault with my friends 07 Audi A4 2.0tdi ppd

new egr fitted , won’t let me adapt it - comes up as error

ran coding II used code 21295 and ran a regen and got it down to 40% def clear but laptop went flat . Next day ran a regen and egr was on again with fault p1443 - could clear the eml light but code stayed in system . Ran another regen but the Dpf was filling up again so I’m sure it’s the egr playing round .

help!!

Quite simple , you have to map egr out if you do that . It’s not my car and we’re trying to fix it as standard . The egr was broken at the teeth so it had to be fixed anyway .

doing your suggestion won’t fix anything .

It'll fix all future EGR problems. Removing it and having it mapped out works out cheaper than keep messing around with the thing.
Whay do you/owner want one on the car for anyway?