A4 b7 2.0t Clutch Upgrade

DaveFMoody

Hi,
Im new to this forum and im looking for a new clutch kit with flywheel. Im from the UK and all i can find is awesome gti's sachs clutch kit but it doesnt include a flywheel. Like most people im going down the power route and want to get a performance one. Only kits that ive found are from the USA and would be subject to tax, vat and such making it cost just under 1.5k-ish. Can anyone recommend a flywheel or any other options??

Thanks

A

AudiB720TS

I had a similar dilemma. Even called Sachs.

I ended up buying the ECS Tuning RA4 conversion kit - basically a single mass steel flywheel and a RS4 B7 clutch kit.
It's on sale from time to time and comes down 10%-15%. An alternative is the equivalent kit from JH Motorsports (JHM).
JHM also does recurring sales throughout the year - subscribe to their newsletter and time your purchase.

Shipping is expensive and VAT adds up, yes, but I think the total will still come in under the cost of buying OEM locally, certainly below buying aftermarket locally. One thing to consider is using a freight forwarder in the US, like for example "shipito". You then fill your own customs form (...) and select whatever shipping option you like. Still costly, but that should help.

i3oricua