a4 b7 2.0 when first started lumpy and shaky as hell

Zaac

Reaction score
I've recently noticed when i first start my car from cold its quite lumpy... bit shaky until it hits 70 ish degrees then calms down then almost almost goes away when up to temperature.

Is this normal? It's the 2.0 tdi 140 auto no fault codes no warning lights and drives fine also when stationary there is a almost slight flapping noise and a short screech from the power steering when pulling off by lifting the brake pedal (power steering fluid looks burnt going to be changed)

the vehicle is still under warranty from the company i brought it from so just want to get it sorted asap whilst in warranty IF there is a problem because i've never owned a car that's done this in all my driving career.

Glow plugs contaminated fuel or tandem pump can cause it as well.

Does sometimes struggle to fire as well like it needs an extra turn to fire.

Also been running millers through the fuel system with fill ups.

How do I check the tandem pump

Mine had glowplugs which improved the cold start massively. Mine hadnt had any in 112k. Dual mass can cause vibration as well but not lumpy idle. Tandem pump check im not sure

I've put different fuel in and it's stopped doing it. Think Asda fuel was no good

Shell V-Power Nitro+ Diesel for my next filling up I think I'm lazy I tend to go to the closest. And that's Sainsbury but worth trying the good stuff

I've used that nitro stuff... didn't notice any difference and got no better mpg..