A4 B7 2.0 tdi heater

jamiewatkins2004

Reaction score
Hi all

I’ve noticed today that when I have the aircon on, there is some heat coming from the drivers footwell. All other vents blow cold. The drivers footwell also blows cold.

It appears to be that the system isn’t closing the heater off, if I turn the climate control unit off the heater matrix appears to stop heating.

Any ideas ? Could it be one of the blower motor flaps ? Or the climate control unit ?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had similar issues and it turned out to be the water pump.. check the two pipes under the bonnet that go into the bulkhead (rubber) see if both are getting hot ..If not could be the matrix radiator inside the car clogged (So only partial getting warm) or could be the impeller on the water pump gone ..the heat is not pumped around the whole system and then the heaters won't work fully.. on my b7 140 bhp 2.0 tdi ..you can take out the thermostat and put your fingers into the chamber and feel the pump impeller and basically if you can spin the impeller it's had it ...not saying this is the same issue , as might be sticky Heater flaps inside car etc..