A4 B7 170 Tdi hiccuping

John_OCR

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to the Audi world but I am having a little reoccuring issue with the car.

Some times cold but more often when its hot, when accelerating the car tends to hiccup or fluctuate in the process, some times it just goes away and I get mass acceleration or it goes in the limp mode and has the coil sign on the dash showing.

Any ideas on what it is or how to go about fault finding?

Regards

John

Possible DPF issue? Get it hooked up to diagnostics. Preferably VCDS or even a basic £10 OBD reader will work. I have heared OBD Eleven works well.

On a TDI, when the coil symbol appears and flashes whilst driving it denotes a fault in the "engine management system" - if the DPF is blocked it has its own unique symbol. As above, you need to plug it into a diagnostic error code reader. I use one of these One of these linked to my Android tablet via Bluetooth and with the free Carista App - works a treat on my car for the money - £12.95 :footy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282271025055?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

On a TDI, when the coil symbol appears and flashes whilst driving it denotes a fault in the "engine management system" - if the DPF is blocked it has its own unique symbol. As above, you need to plug it into a diagnostic error code reader. I use one of these One of these linked to my Android tablet via Bluetooth and with the free Carista App - works a treat on my car for the money - £12.95 :footy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282271025055?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Pity I have a dam iPhone and not be able connect that to my phone....

If its doing it at around 1600 - 1800 rpm check out the vacuum unit on the intake manifold.

When did it last have its fuel filter changed? I've had similar issues that have always gone away when my filter was getting on a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk