A4 B6 Stereo Help

Jimmer111

Reaction score
Posted this in the B6 forum but might be better placed here:

Well, i have been doing a lot of research and i am finally getting to the bottom of things. I want to install a Parrott MKi9000 into my 2004 A4 sport, the main reason for the music capabilities, now i have a concert system with bose so that obviously throws up issues... My question though is how do i know if i have a fully amplified or partly amplified system? This seems to make a difference to what conection lead i will need.

Also can't find how to get the headunit out if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

James​

Bose = fully amped
Non Bose = half amped
Some web sites talk about half amped Bose systems, but that is ********, all Bose systems are fully amped.

You get the HU out by sliding the HU removal keys into the slots on the front of the HU (angled sides facing inwards) and push the HU out from behind. Remove the glovebox first. Do not pull the HU out by pulling on the keys because if they aren't engaged properly you will knacker the spring clips that hold it in and it could easily get stuck in there.

Brilliant thanks for that.

Funnily enough i noticed the slots last night while driving home so hopefully getting the stereo out won't be a problem!

James

Right having looked through my options even more :uhm: i think i have decided that acutally, as i don't really need the bluetooth phone element a dension type system would be best. My next question is, which one would be the best (compatible with the bose system) to get? My wife has iPhone/iPod but i have got another smart phone so would want a away of streaming music from that, be it headphone jack or usb. Any help greatly appreciated:happy:

James