A4 B6 non-runner to head turner lol

kb86

Reaction score
hey all

just documenting a project and hoping to pick up ideas etc along the way :)

I bought a 52 plate a4 non runner, engine was beggared but I only spent £400 for the car, so I could see the potential.

rebuilt the engine, common prob with brb engines (as you may know) oil pump goes and then engine batters itself to death.

so, we've reconed the engine, new pumps, pipes, belts, pistons etc & it's running as sweet as a nut.

replace the alloys, pads and disc's.

done the rear lights today too.

lots more to come so please feel free to chip in with advice & suggestions

cheers

kb

20140304 141936
20140428 173114
20140428 173015
20140514 123526
20140514 130532

plans for this car...

sound system
full new exhaust
body kit
respray
interior (seats, panels, led's etc)
engine (intercooler, quiet dump valve, turbo upgrade, manifold and down pipe upgrade, injectors etc)

& then i might give it a wash :)

so, new CD player put in, went for Audi A4 RNS-E style.

bit of a disappointment though, sub doesn't seem to work after I changed it so guess an amp is now on the shopping list :(

GPS didn't work but think I've figures that out, need igo8 maps putting on it.

will keep posted but if anyone has ideas about the sub e.g. if i'm doing something wrong let me know.

also, on a side note, wish i'd just spent more and got something official lol

20140528 181834

fitted the new intercooler today also,

pretty easy getting only one out and new set up in but.... getting bumper back on is a right nightmare.

had to loose the fog lights, grind back the slam bar to a within an inch of it's life but sure it'll look good once all kitted up properly :)

exhaust coming tomorrow so should be updates to come, hoping to fit it on Friday

Also gotta play with ma sister's B5 today which was fun...20140527 165300

another busy day lol :rolleyes:

fit the bumper over the FMIT, p/s pipe not parallel with d/s so will be taking bumper off...again

fingers crossed can sort it as it's making the whole thing look lopsided even though the cooler is level.

exhaust fitted and sounding soooo nice :)

20140530 121150

actually it may have slipped lol, it certainly does look wonkey now but will see tomorrow.

before...

20140530 101732

after...

20140530 115018

I wasn't fully happy with the pipes running flush with the car so they've been pulled out to 3cm each side so the "milltek" logo can be seen (will add pics of this once FMIC sorted):)

20140530 121116

wow, it's been a long time :)

work on my own car had to stop due to work commitments.

been doing up an old Talbot Camper van which has been massively fun. if you're interested or a just a little nosy have a look on facebook for dipped car ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dipped-car/469198099850590?ref=hl )

however, since the last update, I've sprayed the red dust plates black. the more i looked at them, i just though "Tacky!" lol

red grill at front is black now. again, thought it looked crap ;)

but the biggy....Body Kits ordered!! should be here in about a week.

will upload pics & when finished it's respray time.

half promised the missus would keep it black but off for chameleon color flip :/

she'll love it right....

cheers bud :)

oh yeah, & got rid of the rust on the arches. paint type was off the shelf "brilliant black" so nice an cheap :)

Alreet guys

sorry it's bin a while, business really picking up since started doing the plastidip spraying, as mentioned before the FB page documents all projects and jobs so feel free to take a look. here's one we did last month:

Kawa van

Anyways, not here to talk about dirty van's (urgh lol), I finally got a bit of time to sort the body kit out, front and sides on today, rear bumper on tomorrow & grills etc to come :)

Audi kit

be in touch soon guys :)

really wasn't expecting fitting the rear bumper to be so hard!!

after getting the original one off, I soon realised that there was nothing to hold the new one on with!!

had to strip out the back of the the original bumper & stick them back on the car and work the kit around these,

cheap kit = loads of work

Just hoping I can get it looking somewhere half decent :(

Attachments

• 20141111_132853_Richtone(HDR)[1].jpg
    20141111_132853_Richtone(HDR)[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 489
  • 20141111_140713_Richtone(HDR)[1].jpg
    20141111_140713_Richtone(HDR)[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 468
  • 20141112_160133[1].jpg
    20141112_160133[1].jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 502
Just couldn't get the bumper to run flush so took rear bumper off, fibre glassed the inners of the original bumper to the new body kit, et voilà, all looking good again :)

sry bout the pic quality :S

20141113 1045281

your making great progress.front looks ok but not really liking the rear bumper mate,its a bit bulbous like nikki minaj's ****.Might be ok to rest your cuppa tea on though:D

Last edited:
your making great progress.front looks ok but not really liking the rear bumper mate,its a bit bulbous like nikki minaj's ****.Might be ok to rest your cuppa tea on though:D

Haha I know what you mean, it's only bad at certain angles, not 100% sure i'll keep it "butt" seen as I've destroyed the stock bumper i'm stuck with it for the time being :)

will upload some more pic's this week and let me know what you think

Oh and on a side note, it'll be getting a respray soon, hence the missmatch of color at the mo. Once sprayed, grills will be going in...
cheers to everyone for not pulling me up on that though

so as promised, here's the car from another angle...it's official, it's got a Nikki bum, thanks @WOLF :p

DS side light went so replace with blue one's too.
20141117 100530
20141125 114723

still sorting out the imperfections on the body work before the respray, ****** painstaking but can't wait till it's finished and can start on the engine.

on a side note, anyone know of a good cold air induction kit installation guide??

got the base coat ready, just need to save for the rest of the paint...hopefully not too long
20141204 154936

:sign omg: sorry but rear looks out of proportion:scared2:

lol, you don't have to apologise, you're ****** right :D

dunno know if could balance it out with a spoiler or just save for the one I really want, something like this one below. Bonus would be that I could refit the milltek exhaust tips to ma milltek exhaust system

it was always going to be a work in progress my car but need to get the spray job finished first as I really don't like it blue

gd nite all, fingers crossed will get the paint finished before xmas (my gift to myself lol)

I don't normally dissagree with people but my wheels (IMO are better than the linked ones) polished chrome 19" deepdish to compliment the chrome on the windows etc. I love em

Lowering any car always makes it look better for such a cheap upgrade but lowering it even 10mm isn't possble due to rural area, I am gutted about.

front and sides are spot on but rear bumper is a let down.

you'll notice this threads only been open for 8 months and from sat rusting in a car park to having a new engine, new intercooler, new exhaust system, new alloys, new brake and discs & a base coat ready for a full respray, I'm more than happy with it's progress so far.

still a long way to go and sure I'll change the kit at some point but looking forward to the journey :)

V pleased to say I've just picked up a new rear bumper.....YEY i hear you cry lol.

It's coming next week and I'll be fitting it asap dependent on what jobs we get booked in

today I also blew my suction jet pump apart....heads up, if you get a rough idle (almost like it's about to stall) and your brakes go really heavy, check this part out first :S

can't wait to upload pics!!!

Attachments

• bumper.JPG
    bumper.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 427
Miss Minaj is no longer lol

new kit from Regula Tuning went on like a glove.

not finished fully as was working on my own today so run out of time with this and other jobs, but deff happy with it so far.

exhausts sticking out too far as had to weld an extension on for the previous exhaust tips, will grind these off and re-sit them next week.

IMAG0035

V excited, got replacement seats now to replace the knackered one's, just ordered some eye lids for the lights, honeycomb mesh and honeycomb front grill & some carbon fibre wrap to chav it up a bit lol

pic's to come of mine but been busy with a customers seat leonIMAG0101 IMG 20150206 WA0007

Oh and currently trying to think of a colour for it (need to respray before grills go in) Any suggestions

right so the customers car finished. so back to working on mine before we start on the next one we've got booked in (punto going black and pink)

..IMAG02341 IMAG02331

swapped out my old seats for the new one's. pics make em look grey but they are actually black - Thanks @Mike.M for these little beauties :)

IMAG02451 IMAG02541

Also, got ma car remapped today. Jesus christ, feels like i was back in my old TT (225) it moves like shi#t off a stick to the point where i'm actually going to bed early just so I can get up early and drive to work whilst the roads are quiet!!!

gd nite all

been playing with an idea and there is obviously a flaw in it somewhere, as no one else (from what i read) has mentioned it.

Why can't you pipe off the ice cold air your air-con produces direct into your airbox/ turbo??

so got a few bit's sorted today, couldn't work out how to get the ashtray out so gunna do that another day

if I get some time on Monday, going to get the grills in the body kit and new air inlet pipe.

ready for the re-spray
TrimTrim2 Trim3

knackered as working a lot at the mo, but cheekily decided to do a few bits on mine in between jobs.

new front diagonal pattern to match the grills for the kit and fitted grills in front and rear.

still need to sort out exhausts but please with it so far

Oh, also created additional air feed into air box, couldn't get it grill cos of the FMIC. soooo.......

IMAG03681

IMAG03661 IMAG03671

car was looking lovely IMO, until i trashed it lol
my new motor....
is to follow but don't think i will bother putting stuff on here as honestly no one seems to care lol

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 344
I think most projects on here, people are after subtle OEM look or performance upgrades, its not a ford....

been having fun with the car since my last posts, eye catching but most importantly, a good advert for my business
& even took on another car to bring to the shows :)
IMAG1302
IMAG2251
IMAG2279
IMAG2284
Plastidip body kit fit5