A4 b6 juddering between 40-50 mph

Yappy

A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport
Reaction score
Hi all please help!!

My a4 b6 2.5tdi Quattro tip has been giving me some problems
it's got this annoying judder
Now I haven't changed the tyres over or anything yet just wanted to know if
there's anything that springs to mind before I go spending money I don't need to

It's got decat egr removed standard suspension and wheels as of yet
It's been remapped to about 210ish it's also done 170k

Is there any bushes or silly things I could go and change that go wrong that would give this problem

The juddering happens when your pulling through the gears normally
Not smashing through them it's fine when driven hard
C
I've checked in the search and nothing has come up

Any help would be wicked cheers

Dan

I have the same model but 113k and 180bhp and have just had the ATF drained and replaced cos I heard that this is advisable although Audi say its sealed for life.How long has it been doing this ? If the ATF has never been changed it might be worth getting it done but its not DIY cost £157 at Audi

I changed the fluid when I rebuilt the car just to make sure everything was all good but didn't do the filter pack might just do it mate
thanks for your input mate

Did it sort the juddering out??

Mines a 180 sport to so would be the same ake engine and tiptrnonic gearbox

Thanks mate

Glad to say no juddering on mine which is also a Sport.How long has yours been mapped?I have wondered about this and not been sure if it would be OK so have been trying a tuning box but cant see much diff.I thought about the full filter job but this seemed to be a lot more expensive

I've had it mapped now a year 18 months no problem until now done 13k in it and Didn't see a major difference in the car
but it's the power delivery is smoother and goes like a train
I'm gonna change the gearbox oil and filter I just hope that sorts it out
It is at 50 mph at 1600 rpm if your gentle with the throttle it judders will judder till 55 mph then it's gone

I would suggest decat on yours if you haven't done yet I can build you one and send it out I've also ripped the sound deadening out of the air box and drilled it makes a little difference but Not loads

Anyway I'll keep you informed on here see what other gremlins come out the wood work haha

Last edited:
sounds like a gearbox issue there m8, my dmf does the same on my manual when i plant the pedal when low rpm going in the workshop in the new year though

Last edited:
Yes I think so to mate I hope not to expensive though I was hoping it would be tyres or prop shaft centre bearing but its all pointing to th ****** box Oh well

If its serious I have seen advice to consider changing to a manual box.Perhaps wait and see if it doesnt get worse and you can live with it.Mine has enough power for me but I will play around with the tuning boxes cos I have another one which I will try.I have only had the car a few months and a little disappointed in the lower mpg compared to my previous manual version.Hope you get sorted

You took the words out of my mouth I was thinking go manual with it haha
They are a bit juicy but on a long run at normal speeds you can get 38-40 mpg

I got mine cheap cam belt had gone smashed 9 valves and cams were worn

All in all it cost me 1800 quid thats car and parts

Thanks though mate for your input