A4 B6 cabrio - broken glove box hinges

lennoxlewis

Reaction score
Hello there!

Anyone know the compatible glove boxes that i can use to replace the broken glove box?

I know that we can repair but i am looking to replace by a working one.

It's a left hand drive BTW. I've been told the normal A4 B6 glove boxes wont fit the cabrio.

cheers!

You are right in that saloon/avant items do not fit.

I think you'll find that you are limited to b6 or b7 cab items. B7 items are less likely to be broken, but if you have dark blue dash like I have you won't find this on the b7.

ONLY B6 OR B7 CABRIOLET glove box´s will fit ...... i replaced my own B6 with a B7 (& THE HINGES DO SEEM TO BE BETTER BUILT) . The only difference was the B7 didnt have the hole pre-cut for the airbag key switch - but there is a cut-out visible from the back that allows you to simply cut the oblong out using a craft-knife and re-install the old swich > and if you dont replace the old switch, you´ll find the airbag light will then be permanently ON !

And i really wouldn't bother fitting those cheap hinge-fixing things you can buy on e-bay etc ...... they do not work if you intend to ever open the glove-box ever again.

Yes Cab's are different to the Saloon and Avant sadly and a bit like Rocking Horse Poop! They dopop up on eBay from time to time so worth setting up a search perhaps?

Here is our video of how to remove and replace for when you need it:

Reactions: LordOfTheRings and DieselJake
Sorry then, I had no idea cabrio could possibly have a different glove box. I wonder why it's like that; all the differences between various body types seem to be in the back of the car?..