A4 B6 avant boot wont open

WOLF

Reaction score
My boot wont open with the remote or with the key on my b6 avant,im presuming its the actuator or solenoid.Is this attached to the lock on the boot lid or on the bit on the rear bumper?
also how do I get it open for repair,,by taking the trim of the tailgate from inside??
This is a major pain!!

Help advise appreciated.

Your key should work under the assumption the lock isnt corroded. mine was and i had to put a large screwdriver in the lock apply wd40 and gently wiggle it free then my key worked so i could fix my actuator.

the key in the lock turns both ways but wont release it.Its had WD40 in it already and still nothing.

I suppose you will have to remove the panel from inside and then access the parts that are damaged.

Have you tried pulling the red tab inside the warning triangle compartment?
I have to use that when it doesn't fully open on a hot day.

Reactions: WOLF
Open the little hatch where the triangle is, and there should be a red pull ring the same as the one for the petrol cap in the sub enclosure. If you can't see one remove the triangle as it might be behind the triangle if someone has had it out at some point.

Isnt one in mine jim must be on the random audi spec haha

If somebody has removed the t/gate trim, then the pull might have not been put back correctly, I think they all have them!!

Can anyone supply a part number for the boot lock so I can get one to swap straight over?