A4 B6 2.5 TDI (163ps) any good?

Nathen

Reaction score
Hi all im going to view the above car later cracking looking car done 100k miles FSH, just wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these as a daily driver and could give me some details on what there like as a daily, fuel consumption, tax and what not also servicing cost and if there are any nasty common faults i should be wary of, cheers in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Common failure on the 2.5 tdi is the fuel pump
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...ome..69i57.16530j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
An expensive repair plus the cost of timing belt replacement when/if it fails, have a read and decide for yourself.
Ive tried the link it just says the page is unavailable, i did read that somewhere though about the fuel pump, what signs does the car give that the pump is on the way out or is it symptomless?

Had a 2.5tdi in a Quattro Avant for 8yrs now.Lovely engine when right but now risky cos any repairs and maintenance are high in relation to the cars market value.They were not meant to be cheap runabouts but if you can find a good one with the cambelt etc spot on then it could be worth considering

Had a 2.5tdi in a Quattro Avant for 8yrs now.Lovely engine when right but now risky cos any repairs and maintenance are high in relation to the cars market value.They were not meant to be cheap runabouts but if you can find a good one with the cambelt etc spot on then it could be worth considering
Ive just test drove it and what a car it is, it pulls like a train and drives like a dream, the cambelt on this one was done at 49k and its now on 102k, and its due a service but apart from that its mechanically sound one fault code come up to do with the intake manifold flap but its had no end of work done with recipts to prove it picked it up for £1950.

Fault code that come up on my scanner.
0e375f911c1c75a2fdfc6bea00439738.jpg

Sounds good.Theres so much torque in the 2.5 and a v6 is smoother than the 1.9 .Mine used to belong to my son who has moved on to S3s but he still likes to borrow the 2.5 for motorway cruising which is where they are in their element and you would think you are in a much younger car

Sounds good.Theres so much torque in the 2.5 and a v6 is smoother than the 1.9 .Mine used to belong to my son who has moved on to S3s but he still likes to borrow the 2.5 for motorway cruising which is where they are in their element and you would think you are in a much younger car
Yh i could feel the torque on the test drive, it really is a genuinly nice car, any idea on the cam belt intervals ive read different things and wanted to make sure.

About 70k or 5yrs but that depends on how you feel about spending at least£500 on a car that thats dropped most of its value.Mines well under the mileage but over 5yrs but it was done right and I wouldnt want it messed upwhich it was previously .So i am leaving it for now as I dont do many miles and I think a good belt could last a lot longer.Once had a Honda accord and the workshop manual said nothing about the belt so left it knowing that the engine was not likely to be damaged It went to 132k and I was just a few miles from the repairers.If yours starts quickly cold or hot and runs well it was probably timed right which is not easy on these.If the stat goes you have to strip the front so that means most would do the belts and pump too but thats a big bill