A4 B6 1.9TDI - boost/starting issues - only in the rain???

Tim Woodman

Reaction score
Hi,

has anybody come accross a similar problem like this. Earlier in the year I had the EGR valve replaced as car would stall and not restart on a wet day.

Car has run fine for 3 months. Today (raining) really poor accelaration then suddenly kicks in lurching forward.

I am assuming the issue is still rain related

Any thoughts welcome

Cheers

Tim

On a side note, how much did it cost to replace the EGR valve and out of interest why did you replace it and not just block it off or get a delete kit?

You must have a short somewhere.......and the rain must be arcing something

It was about £250 from memory. To be honest I hadnt had the car long and didnt know about the other options, garage didnt mention it either. Is it a common problem with the EGR valves on the b6?

Drove it again tonight without fault, obviously an intermittant issue.

It was about £250 from memory. To be honest I hadnt had the car long and didnt know about the other options, garage didnt mention it either. Is it a common problem with the EGR valves on the b6?

Drove it again tonight without fault, obviously an intermittant issue.

All EGR valves go wrong, doesn't matter on make of car unfortunately it just doesn't work for very long lol.

any ideas where that short could be? Whole thing lacks power, I'm having to rev it like mad to get going then suddenly find your self flying off down the road. Not the safest way to drive!

thanks i'll investigate the kit if it doesnt get any better. I assume it doesnt do any harm to bypass it?