A4 b6 1.8t cabriolet problems!!!

Ryan branley

Reaction score
Got a few problems on my car
1. How to adjust drivers window seems when the window is up the top left corner doesnt sit in the seal for the convertible roof which is causing bad wind noise at around 70-80mph
2. Car pulls great in 1 2 3 around streets but seems to lack the power on building up speed on motorways
3. Tracking/rod ends are new but still pulls to left espically on braking on with vibration any ideas much appreciated??

Hello Ryan. I have the same car.

Answers:
1 - Sometimes when its SUPER cold, the window doesn't adjust properly when you open and close the door. As in, when you open the door, the windows drop down ever so slightly, and as you close the door they go up to fit in the cavity just under the roof. I just manually guided the window up with my hand ad made sure it 'bent' into place. Hopefully it will be nothing more than that. (It will then return to its natural position from there on)

2- You NEED to get your car scanned via VCDS. It will tell you if you have boost issues. Could be Over or underboost from turbo, N75 issues, wastegate actuator.. all related to what you describe.

3. I would recommend you take it to a garage. Could be some other suspension component or as simple as getting the car laser 'tracked'.

Dan.

Thanks for the reply mate
The window situation a think it needs adjusting but from what ive read up on its a case of taking the door card off ect.. its the top left corner of the window doesnt sit in the roof seal properly unlike the rest of the window.
Planning on replacing the n75 soon as thats what i believe is the problem myself
And the car got laser tracked when it got the track rod ends done a few weeks back so ill start looking at anything else that area that may be causing my issue

Top left when the door is shut you can see that it doesnt slide back up into the roof

Attachments

• Snapchat-1915316735.jpg
    Snapchat-1915316735.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 89
No worries.

Good picture. I've had the same but even worse. BUT, mine happened only due to the cold weather freezing the ability to close the window. And I kept on opening and closing the door with a tiny bit of silicone grease and it was fine. Try that before you take the door card off.

Whilst I suggest replacing the N75, test it first please. Im no expert but I used VCDS as well as my mechanic using a multimeter.

Re: Tracking. Yes good idea. Fingers crossed.