A4 B5 with S4 B5 cluster/tacho 1999

SwissairMD11

Reaction score
Hello fooooooooooks-wagens,

I got an 1999 A4 B5, now I have a funny thing. I assume no one can help me with this.

I put in a S4 B5 cluster in my A4 everything works except the immo, this is ofcourse as expected. Now I got 2 cables 1 immo+opel and 2 K-Line with vag-commander.

It's by the way the cluster with the gray connection in the middle (digital clock)

Now the funny part starts, I can read my old cluster with immo+opel cable, I can change the mileage and can see the SKC and can erease and add keys etc...

Howwwww ever when I put in the S4 cluster, it won't connect via immo+opel cable, so I use the K-Line now after a while I sorted out what the SKC was from the S4 B5 cluster and try to adapt the keys to the new cluster, now the best part comes... The immo light of the S4 cluster goes off and does not flash, however the engine switched off in 3 seconds and VCDS (got the full legit verion) says something's up with the immo again.

So I can't learn the S4 cluster in my A4 for some reason, am I missing something or am I stupid for even trying and it will never even work in the first place?

Thank you and adios! :footy: