A4 b5 turbo replacement 1.8t

Lol hopefully just brought it it was cheap enough like I said don't mind modifying it to make it fit

The problem is it doesn't bother me that it will only last a year it's just the damage it will do when it let's go

880f09f945f43085a3e2a962809b2b03.jpg
b336c5c0b39f1f8a3c52244771a836d3.jpg

Even has the turbo to manifold bolts and all clamps that should be, are factory clamps. Couldn’t believe my luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good find mate can I upgrade the internals to run more boost on that turbo

Think it’s just a case of using a K04-15 CHRA and having the hot and cold side machined to suit. I’m sure Aragorn will step in here.

Got in contact with this company before the minute I said I am putting a bigger turbo on it they was not interested

Plenty more to try, one of them will be.

The one you bought, why don’t you have them fit a new CHRA?
That’s the business end of the turbo. You’ll have two year warranty and you won’t be waiting for the impending doom of it wiping out.

I've emailed the company to see what they can do I haven't brought a turbo yet only got the one that's on there at the moment

I've emailed the company to see what they can do I haven't brought a turbo yet only got the one that's on there at the moment

Going that route will be a little more money but it’ll be better than a BEX turbo which there are few/ none available.

I just been on the phone with them they can take my turbo and upgrade it but it's 600 pounds does that sound like a lot?

I've been having a look at these don't know much about them

It seems good and a cheaper route I think I need to sack off the bex turbo route don't think it's going to happen

That turbo is a very strange spec. It has a huge compressor and a tiny weeny turbine wheel.

This is the problem. Theres a small number of companies that have worked specifically on the 1.8T, and have figured out what works and produces results, and what doesnt work. Anyone else without that expertise is just guessing.

If your going to get a hybridised turbo, you really want to be dealing with one of the firms that knows what they're doing. Or be able to provide an EXACT spec that you want built.

Beachbuggy put a lot of effort in and produces some nice products for instance. Frankenturbo also put some effort in, but their reputation has been a bit iffy. Certainly better than buying random unknown crap off ebay though. The problem is all of these options cost, because doing it right costs.

If your wanting a cheap reliable hybrid option, then i would source a factory turbo from an 8L S3 or TT225. Part numbers are K04-020, K04-022 and K04-023. Then have a GOOD turbo shop machine the A4 K03 turbine housing to accept the S3 turbine wheel.

So take the wheel out the s3 turbo and put in my turbo? That sounds the cheapest option

You'd use the entire S3 turbo, bar the hotside housing.

You need a stock A4 hotside housing machined out to fit the S3 turbine side.

OK so this would workhttps://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122848621843

Anyone it's for sale on eBay the seller is saying it's a bex turbo but not sure

would need to see the data plate to be sure, but that 53041015180 number seems to show up as BEX on google, so it most likely is.

It's got no plate on it so am a bit worried it's 150 the seller says it's good