A4 B5 Popularity

Turbo Lag FTW

Hate those none insured you know who types
Reaction score
Carlisle, Cumbria. Not Geordie nor Scotch!
Im getting very concerned now, my work car park is getting way too many A4s in the B5 model. I know the Polacks love these cars, but aswell as my work car park Im afraid to say Im noticing alot of 1.8Ts knocking around the town and alot of them are younger drivers.

Obviously its becoming a car of choice amongst the under 25s, I for one love the build quality and the reliability of this car but I`m starting to feel like my younger brother who had a 3 series coupe when they werent so popular and now everyone has one.

Saying that i've noticed a fair few knocking around too, there are a lot but some of them are dogs, and possibly had thier nads kicked in.

In all honesty you can pick one up faily cheap and they are really good engines and amazing build quality

Yep have to say since i have had mine there has been an influx of B5's here to. But the ones i have seen ave been really nice looking... i think its the old thing of when you own a car you see more of the model you own :search:

Hey guys long time no see. Have to say I dont see many nice ones round my way, stockport/manchester area, the ones I do see are usually tatty or 'work horses' I do see a lot of nice B6's though, which is annoying as I really want one!

I'm keeping mine collecting parts for next years big *** turbo conversion

More A3s around Leicester. Keeping my A4 too.. just upgrading and rebuilding as time goes on.

i see a lot of tdis and se's on the northern parts of the m6 - i always pass them at 85mph whilst they pootle along at 70 - 75 :)

I'm luck my colour is very unique I don't think I've ever seen another like it.

there is a few round my way, but most of them are tdi`s or very tatty owend by nigerian drug dealers! its mainly young lads in there daddys a3`s rolling on wolfrace alloys!!

i love erith!

Sweet, its good to be unique, I've got a piece of paper saying I'm unique, the doctor gave me it LOL

there is a few round my way, but most of them are tdi`s or very tatty owend by nigerian drug dealers! its mainly young lads in there daddys a3`s rolling on wolfrace alloys!!

i love erith!

Dude, it doesn't pay to generalise.
Have you ever been approached by these Nigerians, trying to sell you drugs?

@ topic: There are a lot of B5's in my area, though none remotely look like mine! :)

Dude, it doesn't pay to generalise.
Have you ever been approached by these Nigerians, trying to sell you drugs?

@ topic: There are a lot of B5's in my area, though none remotely look like mine! :)

will there ever be a time were you dont pick ant anything i say??

it was a joke, get ya head out ya **** man!

Lol, it was probably a joke to you, but at the expense of others.

Not cool buddy.

One thing you need to realise is, ASN is big, and an international forum.
So, it's not viewed only by Brits, it's also viewed by Nigerian Drug Dealers, myself included.

It takes a bigger man to admit he's dropped a clanger.

:shutup2:

Sorry sir siena!:salute:
:superman:

for the record, no dis-respect to any nigerians that may be reading this thread. im sure none was taken even if you was!

this forum is so serious!

Ladies please! Put your handbags away! We're all friends on here, from newbies to old pros, and without any of them forums in general would be pretty useless!

Anyway back on topic, there's a few B5s round my way, people discovering the superior german build for a decent price nowadays. A couple of S3s about, but I can't say I've seen any S4's, definately nothing nogaro, that's why I have mine! Like to stand out a bit!

It is a testament to the design & build quality of the B5, i would say that it will even outlast some of newer models.

Soon there will be relatively more on the road, as other cars go to the scrap yard, the AUDI keeps going.

They're jus good cars.

I sold my '97 A4 1.8T sport for £1300 which had been lowered, chipped, filtered, S4 rims full main dealer service history etc...

That's a lot of car for someone for that cash so you can see why they're popular.

Thats so odd, you lot talking bout people knocking the door, i just had a guy with a B6 knock the door asking me to check his car out.

As soon as he started it up, i could tell the turbo had gone,lol

Thats so odd, you lot talking bout people knocking the door, i just had a guy with a B6 knock the door asking me to check his car out.

As soon as he started it up, i could tell the turbo had gone,lol

I only ever get Betterware ladies knocking at my door!?.. what am I doing wrong?