A4 B5 Pics thread.

mikeya4

It's a T3 hybrid but nothing is mapped in yet so running very rich and very lumpy. I bought it 99% complete and only needing a map to finish. So far I've spent about £600 and it's still not at 99% complete........

Not sure where you are but mapping seems to be a hard thing to sort, I'm right down in Cornwall and gone standalone and been learning to map it

Reedler18

I was planning on taking it to Simon Bevan in Plymouth and getting it custom mapped on the rolling road. He's very good at it.

mikeya4

Cool, can they do the mapping on the car, spoke to a few people (not them) and very few are able to do it, hopefully they can

Samuel c5 Q

VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
T3 hybrid is what I was thinking of putting on my 1.8t a6 Quattro but was getting a bit frustrated as to where to get the turbine housing and I really just want a housing that will take a k04-023 wheel and has the same a/r ratio with the benefits of not cracking as quickly. It looks like yours has an external wastegate on it which has it's benefits, they elude me right this minute. Hope I'm not meandering with this thread.

Reedler18

It's all a tight fit in there I know that much! Unfortunately whoever did the work needs his welder taking away. They've 'custom fabricated' the manifold and downpipe and it's shocking. There wasn't enough room to tighten one of the 3 flange bolts so it's been cross threaded and just left. There are no gaskets anywhere! A bolt in the turbo housing won't tighten. Everywhere I look I see corners they've been cut. But I will persist and make it good again.
I can't say how good the setup is yet due to the map. It's got all the right noises though:sunglasses:

jbh

TDi lover
need to get my rear wind deflectors back on but heres how its looking now..
still a long way to go
20170504_124950_zpsadriwu3k.jpg

shedrool83

Looks good Jake about time you made an appearance here.
you still looking for an inlet manifold and rocker cover?
Yes but no in a hurry for them. I know i'll want to start a few changes in the engine bay when winter comes around so was just looking to get them painted so they were ready to go on.

Oranoco

No videos sadly, but my performance was poor so no real hardship in that. As a learning exercise and a first time being used in anger I can't complain.

Samuel c5 Q

VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
A pre facelift a4 and a b5 rs4.

sfrs4

yeah the RS4 is poorly at the moment so not all good, the pre facelift audi b5 is a2.8 Quattro with an oem BTCC front splitter full decal set replica 18" 15 spoke alloys, k&n filter, RS4 spec stainless exhaust from cat back (now mot passed, down pipes to be replaced), 40mm lowering springs (although the front sits high for some reason) custom rear spoiler, bonnet pins, towing eye, all for the authentic BTCC look, inside not much has changed except a half leather interior from a 1.8t Quattro and an OMP suede steering wheel, when your going to driving 3000miles in 5 days it needs to be comfy.

Samuel c5 Q

VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
I like it, remember watching them when they were running. Send the rs4 my, get well soons.

Supercharger wouldn't be out of place on the a4.

MrVPinksB5

Just here me and my B5
Front
17x8.5 et25
Nankang Ultra Sport NS-2 205/40/17
Rear
17x10 et25
Nankang Ultra Sport NS-2 215/40/17

Sitting on Vmaxx coilovers need more lows but scarping like a bitch

I know I'll be getting a lot of hate on how you shouldn't have stretched tyres and wide wheels :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: but I built it for myself not for others.. but all the opinions welcomes haha

IMG_6759[1].JPG
IMG_6834[1].JPG
IMG_6773[1].JPG

Samuel c5 Q

VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Nice wheels.

Samuel c5 Q

VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Very nice. Those aren't recaros though are they? Look like Cordbeau that have been covered. Very well done though. What sub frames do they use?

Samuel c5 Q

VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
They are recaros then? I have a set of cobra Daytona recliners in the Cordoba and they are nice and comfy for bucket seats and hold you well in the bends. Only problem is the sub frame cobra supplies has you sitting a bit high so I don't think I'd like them in the Audi. I love something a bit more factory. Factory seats are designed to stop you submarining under the lower part of the belt. Also in a crash or a real heavy landing I think the cobra's could bottom out meaning your bottom and spine could contact the subframe which wouldn't be good.