A4 b5 lowering...

myzeneye

Reaction score
right you guys, i just put my big *** 18" Rs4's on and they look the dogs dangely's....
but now the bug has bitten me. i want to lower my late 2000 model A4 but as ive just spent the doe on wheels, ill need to do it as cheap as possible. i have a baby due soon and i have'nt bought a single thing in preperation, aprt from the wheels. every baby needs a dad with a pimped up ride.
so, if any off you guys can link me to a site that does this kind off kit for cheap, id be greatful.
nice one kidda's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

the cheapest is to swap the standard springs with lowered ones. around 70 squid u still have the comfort but lower and stiffer.
if your looking to change shocks later then wait as 2 x labour costs r no good.
When the baby needs pushchairs, nappies, bibs, clothes for 2 days b4 they grow out of them ( has 2 b designer of course not that the baby can tell).
am i going on can you tell i have a 1 year old....

cheers for the advice...
i thought of doing the replacement springs as you say, but im concerned about doing this without replacing the origional shocks....
should i be ?? i can fit parts/do any work my self so labour isnt a problem.
do you know how low i can go with the springs whilst using the existing shocks?
and finally, where will i get best deal on said springs?
thanks.

has anyone out there done a springs only suspension job on an A4 ??
if so, how low and any problems ??? also, would you expect the existing shocks to fail quicker due to the jiggery pokery ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

hi myzeneye,

mine is lowered 30mm on standard shocks. the ride is stiffer as you would expect and no problems whatsoever....however, it has recently been fitted with RS6's and looks as if it has not been lowered at all. I am now contemplating coilovers...funds allowing.

I have a set of 4 GMAX springs for a 2000 A4 B5 if your interested?

also, what is your ground clearance like with your 30mm drop ?? we have speed lumps up our road ... and have the original shocks ever bottomed out on these shorter springs ???
worry worry worry.......

Id take 35 quid. I was running 18"s with them fitted as well.
They only did about 400 miles so not even completely run in.

hey markey, dont mean to mither you, but if you wanna make some arrangments about these springs.....
im itchin to get low.
cheers.

Thats how low you should go!
slide_04.jpg

This guy say he has no problems with speed humps!

[ QUOTE ]
MCGOUGH_A4_ESTATE said:
Thats how low you should go!
slide_04.jpg

This guy say he has no problems with speed humps!

[/ QUOTE ]

If i drove that into my work carpark at 1mph the front bumper would be [censored] instantly so i dont beleive he has no problems! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hey guys my a4 quattro definatlly needs lowered just want to use springs i just recently got all 4 19" wheels put on my car, does anyone know anyone who has any for a good price?