A4 b5 avant 1.8t project

No probs. Are you using original top mounts or getting new? If your using original then you’ll need spring compressor to get them off.

Using originals mate but have spring compresses where did you buy your pinch bolts from?

Got them from the local motor factor. Can’t remember the name of them.

OK cheers there strange because have only got a tiny bit of thread on them

That’s right it’s because the control arms will pinch against thread if they were threaded all the way through. Just make sure you copper slip the smooth part before fitting them.

Don't need loads of thread just enough for the pinch to secure the ball joints. Don't forget to copper grease the bolt as they love to sieze up nice and solid

BD550EC1 AC1B 4DBF 9870 FB2BAF2D00C0
That’s where the pinch bolt goes through.

So today I went ahead and tinted one of my rear lights what do people think
IMG 20180306 161229375 zpsuuqz5woh edit 1520359292143

Reactions: DieselJake
Looks better, my b6 has full black rear lights, used two coats of the window/light spray tint cans and one of lacquer. I know people have mixed opinions on tinted tails but I love 'em.

Yeah not lacquered them yet will do that tomorrow then then once dry will buff them with some Polish to make them shine a bit matt at the moment but diffently look better on a black car

Bit of a update found a good condition bex turbo so ready to fit the turbo manifold and injectors and intercooler

Contacted a couple of company's regarding getting my turbo rebuilt anyone suggest any company's to try cheers

Also does anyone know if I can move my dump valve from the bottom to the top with a relocation kit cheers

Also forge dump valve or standard mapping the engine also bigger turbo

Car looks great mate , what exhaust is that ? As with the diverter valve go with the forge the stock one isnt rated for 250hp , im not sure about the relocation tho why did you want to do that if i may ask?

Cheers mate the exhaust is just a after market one don't know if I like it or not going for a forge dump valve just wanted to move it to the top just easier to get too

What is it too loud ? Im pretty sure you should be able to relocate the dv with a proper relocation kit , depending on howmuch they cost i wouldnt pay over £50 for it tho its not something you need access to very often.

Twin pipe would look better for sure

So today did some pre mot checks removed the passenger recaro to sort out the air bag switch all sorted now all good now for mot time
IMG 20180428 121113641 HDR zpspwjcezsh edit 1524928665655
IMG 20180428 121055117 HDR zpsztcapujf edit 1524928727088

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q and DieselJake
What air filter are you running mate ? Looks huge.

Car looks great mate , what exhaust is that ? As with the diverter valve go with the forge the stock one isnt rated for 250hp , im not sure about the relocation tho why did you want to do that if i may ask?
Stock is the same as fitted to the RS4. Will hold up to 400hp so they say.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate the air filter is from the us went over there this year the a4 b5 are really common over there so massive parts list can't remember the name but it's massive yes a lot of people say don't run them but you can't miss the turbo noise lol

Stock is the same as fitted to the RS4. Will hold up to 400hp so they say.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's interesting , never knew the rs4 shared somany same parts with the 1.8T. Although im not completely sure but i think that if the rs4 had a single turbo and run a higher boost it might need a better dv the 710N can do the job but in a tuned car i think a forge will hold the extra boost better but i could be wrong its just my theory really.

I wasn't sure at first if it is the air filter i thought no way that's huge :D Your car must sound really mean with that exhaust and the air filter , you wouldnt happen to have a sound clip ? BTW when is your MOT due ?

The mot is due in a couple of weeks will get you a sound clip mate

So today I brought a second hand forge 007p dump valve for 32 pounds a bargain just need to get a new yellow spring for it currently has a green one which is no good for higher boost

Reactions: DieselJake
Decided today going to do some engine bay work want to spray the rocker cover black crinkle hate the black plastic engine cover so that's going and want to do some wire tucks to smarten the bay up