A4 B5 AFN Boost problems

BILKO1

Reaction score
Hi been reading these forums for hours trying to find a cure for a lack of power in my A4. The symptoms point to a vane problem in the turbo but these are moving freely along with the actuator. Over the last year i have had a new N75 valve and new MAF sensor both genuine Audi parts. All the vacuum pipes have been replaced including the one in the ecu. I have borrowed a snap on scanner and got the following codes
00519 MAP Sensor - Out of Range -G71
00553 Mass Air Flow Sensor -G70
00575 Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor

I'm i right in thinking the MAP sensor in the ecu is faulty or could another componant cause these codes?

What happens is if i floor the throttle in 1st and 2nd on so on the engine pulls/boosts fine but if i try to accelerate from say 2000rpm in 3rd the engine get to 3200 rpm hesitates slightly then goes limp home, if i flick the ignition on/off quickly the power comes back until i labour the engine again. HELP PLEASE i'm pulling my hair out (whats left)

Definatly an overboost issue, i have same issue at the moment, tho i'm pretty sure mine is the N75, i have a boost guage tho so i know whats going on.

Ur MAP sensor may be faulty, as u've changed everything else and i've heard they can go, a boost guage would help verify this.

Thanks for the reply:) i can use the scanner in live reading mode to read the boost pressure, what am i looking for in psi?

around 18psi maximum. usually 12-15 i'd say, been a while since mine was boosting normally, but 20+psi is too much for stock turbo and MAP

Tho if ur MAP sensor is out it will send a higher reading than actual, which will give a false reading.

I'm getting 24psi under load in 3rd gear up a hill:( need to get a standalone boost gauge now to see if the map sensor is telling the truth.