A4 B5 2.5 TDI, 2000 x reg

Steve B5 Biker

Reaction score
Hi newbie here silly question maybe to all you petrol heads !! but im thinking of buying the above vehicle and its my first venture into diesels, and not sure how they should be driven ? and any advice would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the site!!

If you post the question in the B5 A4 section, you will get more of a response and will be alot more specific too.

As for the car, I cant vouch for the diesel side of it, but my previous car was a B5 1.8T and it was a very good car, only got rid of it as went for the S3 instead.

Hi newbie here silly question maybe to all you petrol heads !! but im thinking of buying the above vehicle and its my first venture into diesels, and not sure how they should be driven ? and any advice would be greatly appreciated

honestly, I would try and find a tidy 1.9TDI, not much slower, more reliable and better fuel economy, if that's why you are buying a diesel in the first place? Of course if the 2.5 is at the right price and you really want the sound of a V6, then why not.

Hi JoJo, sorry should have pointed out, its been modded a littel bit,
re-mapped dunno bhp yet ,front mounted intercooler rs4 front bumper and grills,carbon roof,18" rims, coilovers, straight thru exhaust sounds awesome and is a flyer never realised you could get an estate that sits on the road so low and also handles really sweet..

Happy days ahead :hubbahubba:

Enough of the talk, wheres the pics ;)

Hi JoJo, sorry should have pointed out, its been modded a littel bit,
re-mapped dunno bhp yet ,front mounted intercooler rs4 front bumper and grills,carbon roof,18" rims, coilovers, straight thru exhaust sounds awesome and is a flyer never realised you could get an estate that sits on the road so low and also handles really sweet..

Happy days ahead :hubbahubba:

Sounds nice! BUY IT! lol

Friend of mine went for Xmas holidays in eastern europe, from calais to sibiu/romania in 18 hours with a w reg c5 audi a6 saloon 2.5 tdi quattro. 1300 miles in 18 hours on 300 quid worth of fuel-remember that fuel is dear on motorways !!! The car is high mileage 180k+ and i have rebuilt the top end as the lifters were a little worn- fitted a new forged cams kit off ebay. He drove the car 140Mph+ and averaged 9L of fuel per 100 Km ! You guys need to drive a sorted/healthy v6 tdi- the experience is completely different to any 4 pot engine and if you like effortless motorway cruising then look no further ! The 1.9 Tdi is no match to the v6 and in quattro form is only 4-6Mpg better than the v6 which is not really worth-it in my eyes !
220Bhp in a 1500-1600 Kg is decent fun whilst still returning 40-45 Mpg !