A4 Avant Suspension question

rich_16

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering ordering an A4 Avant 3lt 218 in either Sport or S line trim.

I would order the Adaptive Comfort suspension whichever trim level I choose but does it give you the same suspension firmness level in Sport or S line trim?

My current BMW has adaptive suspension but it the m sport with adaptive is still firmer than the SE with adaptive. I wasn't told this when I ordered my BMW so don't want to make same mistake again!

Thanks

I would have thought adaptive sport suspension would better suit your requirments if you wish adaptivity up to sline suspension..

This is what I went with after test driving a 272 Avant (on 19s) with adaptive sport suspension

This is what I went with after test driving a 272 Avant (on 19s) with adaptive sport suspension

Hi, you went for the adaptive comfort or adaptive sport? How's the ride quality? I know s lines of the past have been criticised for having a overly firm ride.

For me adaptive sport was fine on my 272 test drive on 19s. However I found the 19s on my B8 s line also fine, so perhaps I have a higher tolerance. My old B7 s line on 18s was terribly crashy (as is our A1)I've actually gone for 18s on my own build (as not fond of any of the 19 styles) but I had no problem with them. I think it rides better than my A3 s line on 18s due to the longer wheel base. Only option I missed on my A3 was mag ride :-(.

I have adaptive sports suspension. In comfort it rides very well but on windy roads it needs the dynamic setting really and the suspension firms up nothing like as badly as a B8 sline.

I use comfort most of the time but I do switch to dynamic on the B roads.