A4 avant sun shades

novril

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've not long had my first little girl (8 days old today!):thumbsup: and with this hot weather and sunshine I am trying to keep it out of her eyes.

I bought 2 el cheapo ones which just sucker to the window, but the rear boot windows are a weird shape and I can't seem to block it, even with the load cover shade up.

I have seen on ebay they do a fitted tailored set for £100, seems a lot but if they are well made, a good fit and mean I can use remote windows still when hot then I could be persuaded to spend some more.

Just wondering what everyone else uses really and see what options I have.

Cheers, Mark.

Congrats on the new addition, I remember when my Issy came along, which was in Italy, so I just got the windows tinted mate which helps reflect the heat, deal with UV & protect her eyes, not needed any shades since :)

Ah really, I'm not too keen on the tinted look, so it would be the slightest tint possible, would 95% tints block enough light? What are you all running tint wise? I'll have to see a few pics as the front clear and rear dark doesn't look right to me.

Thanks for the input. Also, is there much cost difference?

Here's my saloon, with 80% tint. You don't need to go higher than that; they block out plenty. They cost £175 (probably more like £200 for an Avant).

P1000398_zps91e981b0.jpg

A4atHeachamManor2_zps8014583b.jpg

P1000426_zps3e6c86d8.jpg

Don't they work the other way round? As in a 95% tint allows 95% of light through? I'd prefer a less obvious tint to that if possible.

How good a job did they do of the tint? I've read in the past its something you want done well and done poorly looks terrible. Would you agree with that? Thanks again.

I've never been able to remember which way round the percentages work. You're absolutely right that it's a job that has to be done well. Luckily, I gave a guy near me (North Kent) who is top notch.

EDIT: I've just checked back to my thread when I had the tints put in. It was a 20% tint, which blocks out 80% of the light. According to what I was told at the time, the OEM factory tint is 30%, so blocks out 70% of the light. On that basis, I can't see how such a thing as a 95% tint can exist.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for looking it up. Basically I'd want the clearest film possible to top up the slight factory tint without being too noticeable. But taking the edge off of the sun, asking a bit too much here I think!

I might look into getting some tester bits to see what u can get away with.

Cheers, Mark.

Okay, thanks for looking it up. Basically I'd want the clearest film possible to top up the slight factory tint without being too noticeable. But taking the edge off of the sun, asking a bit too much here I think!

I might look into getting some tester bits to see what u can get away with.

Cheers, Mark.
If you can't find the right solution with tints (and I suspect you might not), then have another look at shades. You can get a tailored fit set from a company called Vanstyle, or even from a Seat dealer, because remember the Seat Exeo estate is the same car as your A4 Avant.

I think it depends what colour your car is also. Mine is brilliant black and looks great with the limo tints. Which I believe are 5%IMG 96022775869868

Last edited:
This is mine, when I first got it I wasn't too keen on the tints, but they've proven their worth with the sun we're getting at the moment!

01d708b4d84f38edbe874e560c725e6b575b339ca2