A4 AVANT QUATTRO S-LINE REPLACEMENT SUSPENSION???

The B12 kit is very good, I went with the B8 dampers as I had a set of nearly new H&R springs and the B12kit isn't listed for the quattro avants if I recal.

Didn’t see Quattro avant but then wasn’t looking for em ..just my fwd tdi
Now just need to decide on drop, need to get rid of the **** down look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The B12 kit is very good, I went with the B8 dampers as I had a set of nearly new H&R springs and the B12kit isn't listed for the quattro avants if I recal.

Only seeing 50/40 or 30 all round in b12 ...worried the 40 will be too much

Only seeing 50/40 or 30 all round in b12 ...worried the 40 will be too much

Are you S line?
The lowering figure is stated from stock suspension settings. If you have S line suspension you can subtract the amount already lowered from the stated spring lowering figure.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Are you S line?
The lowering figure is stated from stock suspension settings. If you have S line suspension you can subtract the amount already lowered from the stated spring lowering figure.

Yea s sline ..that’s the thing,the rears not far off where I want it (maybe needs 10mm lower) the front needs about 35-40mm to level out

Are you S line?

Again new here so happy to be corrected
Is a line 25mm lower than standard

Reactions: Charlie Farley
The drop figure is the total drop, not on top of the s-line drop.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
I cant help you out much regarding the rear height as the avants seem to squat massively from stock compared to the saloons but the fronts have a similar gap so I might as well give you my opinion on that I'm on 45-50mm drop on the front and I think it sits perfect, rears are a 35mm drop ideally it could go down another 5mm or so but it still sits pretty dead even from side on and generally sits at a good all round height, so looking at the options you been given id go with the 50/40 BUT as I said that's from the saloon point of view, Robs avant sits nice and like he said he's on 35mm all round then there's also a member called alex who also has a 2wd avant and he's on the same springs as me up front and sits the same as mine so you may find the 30's make next to no difference so taking everything into consideration id say scrap the lot and stick with the AP's its less hassle and a better product all round. :icon thumright:

Settled on a springs /shocks kit .50front 40rear
Just need to decide between b12 kit or hr sport cup ..the latter I can get for about £200 cheaper than the former ...anyone have any experience/review of the hr kit ? Suppose you get what u pay for ,is the b12 worth 200 more ?

Settled on a springs /shocks kit .50front 40rear
Just need to decide between b12 kit or hr sport cup ..the latter I can get for about £200 cheaper than the former ...anyone have any experience/review of the hr kit ? Suppose you get what u pay for ,is the b12 worth 200 more ?

Ive not experienced either but there both great makes in the suspension world so you cant go wrong with either one but me personally id go for the koni fsd’s

2b1bb4af0bed5c4c7ddd748dc39366fb.jpg

Sportlines here ..just waiting on the dampers

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
2b1bb4af0bed5c4c7ddd748dc39366fb.jpg

Sportlines here ..just waiting on the dampers

How much and where from?
I've got my eye on a set on eBay for £122 delivered.
But I still can't decide whether to go Sportlines or Pros. I just don't want to lower it too far, the rear is low and I occassionally tow a caravan. But with S line suspension it's hardly going to lower it much at all.

Last edited:
How much and where from?
I've got my eye on a set in eBay for £122 delivered.
But I still can't decide whether to go Sportlines or Pros. I just don't want to lower it too far, the rear is low and I occassionally tow a caravan. But with S line suspension it's hardly going to lower it much at all.

135 inc delivery from Germany,came super quick tbf as well
7d58eac35e44784d525ce6ed2bcde3fb.jpg

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
How much and where from?
I've got my eye on a set in eBay for £122 delivered.

I was feeling exactly the same didn’t think the pros would offer that much of a difference,almost went for coilovers but the popular opinion on here seemed to be with b12 kit so took the plunge,my dampers aren’t here yet but hopefully will be all fitted this time next week.Seen a lot of guys here with 45/50 so hoping mine work out
At that price I reckon they have a decent sell on if it’s too much

I was feeling exactly the same didn’t think the pros would offer that much of a difference,almost went for coilovers but the popular opinion on here seemed to be with b12 kit so took the plunge,my dampers aren’t here yet but hopefully will be all fitted this time next week.Seen a lot of guys here with 45/50 so hoping mine work out
At that price I reckon they have a decent sell on if it’s too much

Is yours S line?
If so then you can take that drop off what Eibach quote.
Its just the old "Audi stance" of tail down, nose up I want to correct.

Is yours S line?
If so then you can take that drop off what Eibach quote.
Its just the old "Audi stance" of tail down, nose up I want to correct.

Yes s line ....me too,hoping the 40 rear 50 front goes some way to correcting the a@*e down look

Yes s line ....me too,hoping the 40 rear 50 front goes some way to correcting the a@*e down look

Mine was like that massive arch gap at the front looked like it was missing the engine i had to double check it had one.

A4 Avant Quattro S-Line replacement suspension !
What's the best replacement setup for the same low stance that the factory dampers on sline give ?
Obviously the factory setup are oil filled dampers and springs but can you still get those or are coilovers a much better setup..
I don't think gas shocks are a good option
The RED Audi OE sport shocks are GAS-filled !

I went with BILSTEIN B6 shocks and LESJÖFORS springs.
I'm super happy with the result.

Attachments

• BILSTEIN.jpg
    BILSTEIN.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 206
Can anyone clarify 100% the b8 front shocks have internal bump stops and the oe ones aren’t needed

c10c02c6dc31e598958e171001be9c5a.jpg

Expect it to settle a bit more but happy with height as well as ride ,even got over local speed bumps so far

Just seen this on my laptop so pictures pretty big and first thing i noticed was the drivers headrest mate what is that? Literally looks like some scary looking black mask proper has eyes, nose shape and everything!

Just seen this on my laptop so pictures pretty big and first thing i noticed was the drivers headrest mate what is that? Literally looks like some scary looking black mask proper has eyes, nose shape and everything!

Lol...er that’s one of my daughters with her hood up flipping me the bird

Lol...er that’s one of my daughters with her hood up flipping me the bird

LOL that's defiantly a weird looking hood I'm convinced your housing aliens or something going to have to keep my eye on you jamsmoo :blink:

LOL that's defiantly a weird looking hood I'm convinced your housing aliens or something going to have to keep my eye on you jamsmoo :blink:

She’s one of a kind that’s for sure ..I think she had the draw strings on the hood pulled really tight ...she’s a bit weird frankly

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
She’s one of a kind that’s for sure ..I think she had the draw strings on the hood pulled really tight ...she’s a bit weird frankly

Yeah that's the joys of kids I guess, I sometimes look at my kids and think wow you lot are weird then I wonder is it the next generation or do they just get it from me:shrug:

Reactions: Sandra, Charlie Farley, Sidrick and 1 other person
It's called getting older Ricky.:yes:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Yep, i'll remove your last 3 then.