1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A4 avant or A6 avant

Robbe Nov 5, 2016

1. Robbe

Robbe Registered User

have started to think about replacing our b8 a4 black edition avant for a few months. After playing a lot with the Audi configurator we had decided on a A6 black edition avant as we wanted the black styling pack, which has not been available on the b9, and the discounts are very good. Just had a look at the configurator and you can now order the black styling kit for the b9. So unsure what to do now. The price of both are about the same. I like the Audi virtual cockpit of the a4, but would love the super sport seats of the A6. I would love the S4 avant but think it's out of my budget. Not sure what to do now.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Colh

Colh Registered User

I had a loan of an S-line A6 saloon while my avant was in the garage and the interior wasn't as nice.

The A6 had full leather and my A4 is just a sport ultra with standard seats but I preferred mine.

The MMI on the A6 seems very dated by comparison and it didn't even have a USB port!

4. Brasso

Brasso Registered User

Do you need the extra space of the A6? I've gone with an S4 Avant as I got a deal which meant it was only slightly more than the 252 TFSI I was looking at, I believe the higher residuals helped in that regard.

Technology on the A4 is nice. I had an a6 pre facelift saloon so had one to live with and it was a nice car, but a bit boring (2.0tdi) compared to the A4 I think they look a little dated too, but there are some good deals to be had on the a6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Registered User

I concur with the posts above. The A6 is a nice car, but it's when you sit inside that you notice how dated it is. One of the few cars in the Audi range now with the old style dash and MMI. They've smartened up the exterior with some facelifted lights, but fundamentally it's previous generation chassis, powertrain and infotainment system. Space wise it's about 20cm longer than the A4 - which is mostly in the boot, so if luggage capacity is important then it's still worth considering. I also considered the A6 as discounts were good, but actually there are, currently, excellent discounts to be had on the A4 also.

6. Pork

Pork Registered User

That's ruined my Saturday.
    Extended BSP and tour pack works out what I paid for mine without either :-l

7. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Registered User

Defo go for the A4. They are not much different in size plus the tech in the A4 is much more advanced.