A4 Avant B7 roof cross bars fitting instructions please

rocketron

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just purchased some used genuine Audi roof bars to fit the rails on my 2005 B7 A4 Avant but unfortunately the instructions are missing as previous owner has misplaced them.

Can anyone advise where I may be able to download a set or if someone on the forum has a set and would be kind enough to scan or photograph with a digital camera and sent to me I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Ron

Did you get the key with them? Didnt get instructions with mine. I just line them up with the little triangle markers on the roof bars and tighten them up.
Also have they got the rubber strip on them? If so could you please measure it for me Length, Width (top and bottom) PLEASE :) as mine doesnt have them

Did you get the key with them? Didnt get instructions with mine. I just line them up with the little triangle markers on the roof bars and tighten them up.
Also have they got the rubber strip on them? If so could you please measure it for me Length, Width (top and bottom) PLEASE :) as mine doesnt have them

Hi there,

The rubber strips are about 10 to 15mm shorter than top of bars, mine measure 1060mm and 1015mm long and 25mm wide, they are profiled underneath to fit into the top of the bars.

Yes I did get a special type of Allen key with mine.

I think I have now figured out how to fit the bars, you need to peel back the rubber cover strip to get access to the heads of the clamps.

Pictures attached
WP 000071WP 000072WP 000076WP 000075