A4 Avant B6 Bonnet Release

51m017

Reaction score
Ok i need to get into the bonnet it has been a couple of weeks since i checked the oil.

I pull the Release leaver in the drivers compartment, this has no effect on the grill pull leaver, the bonnet dose not pop onto the safety catch. I feel no tension in the cable.

Can i remove the font upper grill easy (without causing too much damage to the grille) Will this give me access to get the bonnet open.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

I had this once before on my Golf and found if I got someone to put downward pressure on the bonnet over the latch and pull the release lever at the same time it would open.
However, as you say there doesnt feel like there is any tension in the cable you may have unluckily snapped the cable :(
If the above doesnt work I'd look at the footwell end of the cable first and see if its still attached to the release lever.

I agree with garfie, the same thing happened on my b6, i pushed down on the bonnet continuously, got my old man to pull the lever and it opened. my mechanic then greased it up, and it seems to be working well now...

Got it open with the pull the leaver and push the bonnet down trick.

But my old man snapped the release leaver......

All greased up and working now, i just need a new leaver.

Thanks for the advice