A4 Avant 3.0TDI 218q first impressions

Hey mate,
What's the mileage now on ur car? That is some impressive figures! I've got the 272 with a crtd4 tune n I'm getting 480 miles on a full tank n have done almost 6k miles..
I've seen 47mpg going on a 100mph cruise so interesting to see how the economy variant does..
Do u think the tank on ur car is capable of a range more than ur currently getting? My old a3 1.6tdi had a range of 550 miles so this is not bad at all for a 3litre‎

Car is still under 2k miles. I think I will end up getting around 550 miles out of a tank without trying too hard, and its getting 40mpg even around town.

I would have loved the 272 (test drive was great and loved the 8 speed box) but was concerned that on a cruise it would not quite do the 500 miles per tank I wanted. Seems like you are pretty close to that. Perhaps next time... I managed to get 600 out of my old A3 once.

Reactions: syed123
Car is still under 2k miles. I think I will end up getting around 550 miles out of a tank without trying too hard, and its getting 40mpg even around town.

I would have loved the 272 (test drive was great and loved the 8 speed box) but was concerned that on a cruise it would not quite do the 500 miles per tank I wanted. Seems like you are pretty close to that. Perhaps next time... I managed to get 600 out of my old A3 once.

Oh ok, I certainly admire n miss the s tronic box the 218 has, my old a3 had it n the gearbox was also remapped, so I really miss the rifle sharp gear changes n mechanical involvement feeling id get..
Does ur car feel sporty wen accelerating or just seamless?
Mine is just toooo deceptive, not criticising the 8 speed as it's flawless, just feels abit too seamless for enough driver enjoyment, but makes up for that wen the back kicks out with a gentle squeeze of the throttle round corners :)

40mpg is very good for around town! I barely get 35 lol

If ur getting that economy now it's interesting to see the potential of economy/performance the car reaches once past 10k!‎

Does ur car feel sporty wen accelerating or just seamless?
Mine is just toooo deceptive, not criticising the 8 speed as it's flawless, just feels abit too seamless for enough driver enjoyment, but makes up for that wen the back kicks out with a gentle squeeze of the throttle round corners :)

40mpg is very good for around town! I barely get 35 lol

If ur getting that economy now it's interesting to see the potential of economy/performance the car reaches once past 10k!‎

I'd say it feels seamless. Driving back today I put it in sport mode a number of times and it dispatches traffic in a satisfying enough (and quiet) way. However, compared to the 272 I test drove or my old 240 it does not give quite the head snapping punch in Sport mode. Still time I guess for it to loosen further. Using the car this way gave 47 rather than 49.5 over 250 miles.

Reactions: syed123