A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro... remap?

shinsplint

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Whilst the car is pretty quick for what it is, I am considering a remap.

Only thing putting me off is i've hard of gearbox horror stories with remapped Audis, although not specifically the 3.0 TDI.

Can anyone recommend a local outfit who deal with Audi etc? I'm in Teesside.

I have yet to have a car re-mapped, and I don't want to put any part of the car (otherwise standard) under too much stress. The car has 62k on it.

Thanks.

Bobby is running 1000nm on a standard gearbox with no issues, so you should be fine.

Which gearbox do you have? The 3.0 TDI came in manual, S-Tronic or TipTronic.

There is a lot of stuff on here about S-Tronic boxes, but as I understand it if you have a manual or Tiptronic you needn't be worried.

Cheers chaps,

LukeyC, mine is the S-Tronic... its a 2012 model, 7 speed with the paddles, not that I ever use them.

S tronic does need oil (plus filter) change every 40k iirc.
With stock gearbox I've taken them to 750nm without issues (gearbox software tuned)

I’m also considering a remap of my 2010 A4, standard bhp is 211 but remap will give it 258 and increase torque from 350 to 400.

Like the OP I’ve never remapped a car before and I’m concerned about putting extra stress on the engine etc. My car suffered from the oil consumption issue which luckily was fixed by Audi FOC. Is it really worth the money? Tell me the benefits etc of a remap

I’m also considering a remap of my 2010 A4, standard bhp is 211 but remap will give it 258 and increase torque from 350 to 400.

Like the OP I’ve never remapped a car before and I’m concerned about putting extra stress on the engine etc. My car suffered from the oil consumption issue which luckily was fixed by Audi FOC. Is it really worth the money? Tell me the benefits etc of a remap

You pretty much said it yourself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car will be faster, unless you drive it like you stole it flat out all the time then you will be using the extra performance for a small amount of the time. If you want more go from the car then do it.

S tronic does need oil (plus filter) change every 40k iirc.
With stock gearbox I've taken them to 750nm without issues (gearbox software tuned)

Could you tell me about the gearbox remap? I went to pull away sharpish from a roundabout today, I stuck my foot down and literally had the time to say out loud "oh come on" before the car took off.
Not sure if its a gearbox or throttle programming issue but that delayed response really makes the car feel sluggish.

Ask Audi to check your gearbox software version - maybe they have a update available.
If you can id the gearbox with VCDS I can check for you.

Cheers

I'm hoping this will tell you the info if you could have a look

Screenshot 20180620 120844

I don't have this gearbox - my car is older and runs the Tip box.
In the later years Audi returned back to Tip box for robustness.

I don't have this gearbox - my car is older and runs the Tip box.
In the later years Audi returned back to Tip box for robustness.
That's interesting, I didn't think they got any older than mine, it's a 58 reg with the 6 speed tip and a ccwa engine .

Sorry my mistake i must have not read your post correctly or got confused with someone else.
If you have a tip then you normally don’t have much to worry about.
Get a gearbox service kit and it should be fine.

Some A6’s (plus other models) have a 6hp 19 - its a slow gearbox and I wouldn’t push much past 750nm.

Others like mine have a 6hp 28 - strong box and takes plenty of abuse.
Zf recommend oil/filter change every 80k iirc.

Sorry my mistake i must have not read your post correctly or got confused with someone else.
If you have a tip then you normally don’t have much to worry about.
Get a gearbox service kit and it should be fine.

Some A6’s (plus other models) have a 6hp 19 - its a slow gearbox and I wouldn’t push much past 750nm.

Others like mine have a 6hp 28 - strong box and takes plenty of abuse.
Zf recommend oil/filter change every 80k iirc.
Great shout on the service, I seem to remember seeing you do a write up but can't find it anywhere!