A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro. Facelift Retrofit. Picture Heavy.

oliquattro

Reaction score
Hello,

Newbie here. Here are some pics of the facelift my 09 Avant is going through.

Full Leather, Auto, Xenons + LEDs, SAT NAV, Multimedia Interface, Quattro, Bang and Olufsen sound system, S Line etc.

How I bought it:

6_zps6b383bc9.png

5_zps31986e7c.png

4_zpsbd997c98.png

After.....LED brake light retrofit. Front Facelift retrofit. Currently awaiting the rear bumper retrofit.

BEFORE

IMAG1806_zpsp5st6csh.jpg

AFTER....2012-2015 LED

IMAG1809_zpswkewmi81.jpg

Black Edition front end with front parking sensors. The parking sensors are going to be wired up in a couple of weeks as we are waiting on a module. The old quattro badge wouldn't clip onto the new grille so waiting for one of those too.

IMAG1860_zpsa1xw8vnq.jpg

IMAG1862_zps3k41j7ff.jpg

IMAG1863_zpsedxbpkib.jpg

Reactions: DickoB8, Andy76, V6 Quatt and 2 others
nice motor, love the new front end trying to find something like that for mine

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Is the 2012 Avant rear bumper much different ?

It's not significantly different no. It's a bit more squared-off and the valance is different too. I wanted rear parking sensors and found a facelift bumper that already had them so might as well install the whole thing.

Thanks Chop.

very nice.
where did you source the tail lights? and are they direct replacement?
thanks

very nice.
where did you source the tail lights? and are they direct replacement?
thanks

Cheers,
Some wiring and coding was needed but the actual shape is a direct fit; 2 hour job in total. Got them off ebay and luckily the guy selling them also does retrofits.

The brake lights were 300 iirc. I waited around for a well priced set.

evans: I didn't do any of the work so can't really help to be honest.

Very nice, good upgrade without changing the car :)

Yes.....it basically looks like the latest model. You need to change the bonnet, wings and bumper to fit the lights.

Good Mod, looks spot on you enjoying the new look?

Its good to see mods on a B8 get some more pics up

Cheers!

Yeah I'll get some more pics when it stops snowing. I do really like how it looks yes, only thing left to do is a remap by p-torque and this car will be done. It's my first audi estate and I have to say it's one of the best cars I've had as an all round package. Would love to get the S4 avant next time.

About a grand after I sold my old front end. Most people who do this retrofit sell their front end straight away to recoup a chunk of the money. I should get more money when I come to sell the car too, so not a massive cost in the long run.

That's not to bad who did it for you ?

A guy in Leeds. I originally bought my brake lights from him and he explained he can also do the work, been getting him to do my mods ever since. I can put you in touch if you need the info. He even arranged to do this conversion on a weekend, top notch quality service. I had the panels sprayed up the week before so the conversion would only take a couple of days.

I also put a dog guard in the back...not really a "mod" I know, but it stops the dogs trying to climb over! The boot liner was from uk custom covers; as you can see it's good for muddy paws!

IMAG1838_zpsnzrxxibh.jpg

IMAG1836_zpsm8nag5gb.jpg

IMAG1837_zps5xx2blse.jpg

Looks fantastic, I'm sure that facelift cost a pretty penny in parts

Cheers Brennan,

2600 including paint/labour but when you sell your old front end (including xenons) the overall bill is around a grand. Problem is, people are catching onto this retrofit and the price of the parts is going up. If you want to do it, take your time and find well priced parts. All these parts are from breakers, not direct from audi but everything is OEM.

Is the rear bumper going to be a direct swap? Or are extra brackets etc needed?

I prefer the face life rear but the pre facelift front so am considering just swapping the rear bumper/lights

Looks like a direct swap, just make sure brackets/clips are included with the bumper you buy. Sometimes they get snapped off.

Amazing job! :) Did you code those rear lights by yourself? If so, can I have the right values since i seems to have wrong ones and my lights don't work like they should

Reactions: oliquattro
A guy near me has put an A5 front end on his Peugeot 406 coupe!

A guy in Leeds. I originally bought my brake lights from him and he explained he can also do the work, been getting him to do my mods ever since. I can put you in touch if you need the info. He even arranged to do this conversion on a weekend, top notch quality service. I had the panels sprayed up the week before so the conversion would only take a couple of days.

I'm using him too for my rear light conversion am also thinking about retro fit 3G+ MMI through him

Reactions: V6 Quatt and oliquattro
Amazing job! :) Did you code those rear lights by yourself? If so, can I have the right values since i seems to have wrong ones and my lights don't work like they should

I can give you the guys number if you message me. He is based in Leeds. Thanks.

I'm using him too for my rear light conversion am also thinking about retro fit 3G+ MMI through him

Good man, he's done some exceptional work for me. He managed to complete my whole front end facelift in less than 24 hours on a weekend! I was well impressed. The same guy is doing my rear facelift bumper next week hopefully and also facelift wing mirrors going on.

The last job will be a remap by p-torque. Can't wait!

Thanks for all the comments cheers.

Great work on your A4 Avant :cool::cool::cool:

Looking really nice buddy :thumbs up:

Cheers guys, I'm glad you like the car.

Yes I really like the new front end. Totally gives the car more presence and a more modern look, definitely more aggressive. I was not too fussed about doing this at first but I'm really glad I did now.

The facelift rear bumper isn't massively different from the pre-facelift bumper to be honest, it's just a bit more squared off. The LED rear taillights are definitely worth retrofitting though.

The only thing missing is the quattro badge on the grille! The pre-facelift badge doesn't fit so I ordered a new one.

I'm actually looking forward to getting my next Avant so I can do the same job again! Will be going for the S4 next time for sure, I'm really impressed with these cars.

Cheers,
Some wiring and coding was needed but the actual shape is a direct fit; 2 hour job in total. Got them off ebay and luckily the guy selling them also does retrofits.
Hi I've been trying to get my avant b8 facelift as well would you please kindly send me the gentleman's details who sorted this out for you. The car looks really nice

Hi I've been trying to get my avant b8 facelift as well would you please kindly send me the gentleman's details who sorted this out for you. The car looks really nice

I would like to send you the details but unfortunately he did the job and took the old parts (worth £1000) and never gave me the money. He sold my old parts on eBay and never paid. Opportunist little tw*t. It was some Asian guy called “Dandy” or “Ali” working at a car conversion place in Leeds. Super dodge.

So yeah. Can’t recommend. Lol