A4 Avant 2005 2.0TDI or 2007 1.9TDI

ah yes, there's that good old phrase " small mods" lol , look forward to seeing what you have in mind chap, rs4 grill maybe .

rob
Haha yeah I saw RS4 Mod :p

One thing I was curious about on a serious note was parking sensors. Probably better in a separate post but I'll here quick.
Which is better:
a) Buy after market sensor kit and fit myself.
b) Buy a bumper that has sensors and fit that in place of my bumper

Option B looks better imo.

Haha yeah I saw RS4 Mod :p

One thing I was curious about on a serious note was parking sensors. Probably better in a separate post but I'll here quick.
Which is better:
a) Buy after market sensor kit and fit myself.
b) Buy a bumper that has sensors and fit that in place of my bumper

Option B looks better imo.

Unless you have any parts of the OEM kit already fitted then option B is not the way to go, go with an aftermarket kit instead.

Ah aftermarket it is then.

Other then that, I want to remove the phone cradle. I saw a new centre console isn't too pricy on eBay.
Get a better stereo.
And last folding mirrors because they look sick as hell.

If you can make any recommendations I open to all ears.

I'm pretty happy with everything else.

This is a car I want to keep for years to come. I know the mileage is high but neither myself or partner earn enough to have a car like this brand new and any upgrades that I can do to it would be welcome over those years.

One upgrade I was interested in was retro fitting xenon headlights. Is it worth it? Does doing it your self work well?

xenon mods are also very popular and also can work out quite costly depending on what route you choose, going full oem retro fit or aftermarket, either way plenty of threads on the forum for both routes, do a search for xenon headlamps etc.
I have the factory xenons with adaptive headlamp option that turns the lamps sideways when corner etc, excellent kit, probably very costly to retro fit though, which is why with a lot of the audi options , its best to get as many of them fitted as standard as its not allways practicle or cost effective to do them afterwards.

yes your right on cost of these cars news, they were not cheap in 2005 onwards, I paid £12.5k for my in 2014 , the original sales invoice in the cars paperwork was for £31,500 , not a lot for a quality car these days but still not cheap.

small mods, lmao, once you start you wont stop, and i see you already want to do the lights, have you picked it up yet Thom ? wait till the fever kicks in mate and it ends up like mine ha ha, still looking at doing more it just gets better and better lol. get some pics up when you pick it up.

I'm picking up tomorrow hopefully but yeah I'm amazed how much can be done to it and some of its super cheap.

Once I've got it, I'll be sure to post pics but I need to get it looked over mechanically to see if anything under the bonnet is bad and fix that before I mod other stuff.

Reactions: tony mc
Any piccy's of the new limo Thom, we all like piccy's on here....

Firstly :cry:

After having put a deposit down on Tuesday and being told they would fix the window and tire, it was supposed to take a day or 2.

Today is day 2 and the car is still in the garage being fixed....

They said they are gonna let me know what's going on tomorrow after an update from the garage.

I need the car by tomorrow, Saturday at the latest as I have to drive family down to Eastbourne on Xmas day.

Depending on what happens tomorrow I might have to ask for my money back and look else where.

Having briefly looked, this doesn't look bad in terms of equipment but the colour and alloys are blah!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610309283078

Any advice taken right now :(

that's not a good start then Thom if they are messing you about already , id be seriously looking elsewhere now and getting my deposit back ,
two ways at looking at this, either they are really ,really busy and haven't looked at it yet, cant see it myself as they are not that a bigger garage , or, the window issue is a much bigger problem than they expected and there are other things happening that they had not planned for.
If you do decide to look elsewhere make sure they don't mess you around with the deposit , a lot of smaller private garages are very good at wrangling out of deposit refunds etc and a lot of buyers loose out.

that one you have seen now Thom is a much better car , i'd be seriously going for that if everything looks good on paper and in the flesh.
its got bose and folding mirrors just to start with......not bad at all

Yeah I just wish it wasn't so far away and someone could come with me to look at it. I have a samll idea but nothing like you guys, I wish it was a nicer colour as well, grey is so bland and it doesn't have the Rs4 alloys which made the black one pop!

I'll wait for the garage to call me tomorrow and tell me what's what and try and go from there.

The grey one doesn't mention isofix either so need to check for as well.

If you take a look at the A4 B7 sales info link in the top part of the B7 forum it does list what is standard fitment , optional etc for given models , you may get a better idea from that on what included as standard and as an extra option, and factory fitted options.

ISOFIX INFO, it optional like nearly all audi fitments.....
A4op1

Isofix is an optional extra, which would explain why I've seen one with and one without isofix.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow and ask them about it.
I'll check they have all paper work for the car and if there's anything I should know about it.

Hopefully if the other garage do mess me around I'll get my deposit back...

mine has it but it's of no use to me as i don't carry small people anymore, i'll sell you my isofix brackets etc for a millions pounds.....

I've got a 9 month old so we kinda need it and if we have another child in the future I'd be nice to have then to.

Knowing my luck that grey one will be gone tomorrow when I phone them or I'll call the other place and they won't give back the deposit :(

It does look so much nicer in black with the rs4 alloys though :(

If I do the stereo cage and centre console myself hats an extra £100 which is still less then that of the grey one. The mirrors are another £150 to do myself so it's only £50 ish more then then grey one. I wouldn't have they oem stereo as it's too costly and would prefer aftermarket. the mfsw would be nice but a small investment in the furtive maybe.

These upgrades all seem small and relatively cheap compared to the grey one which has a horrible colour and alloys. But it's less work.

I'll phone around tomorrow and see what's what

thats why we said dont rush into buying the first one you see Thom, there are alot around , but as you dont have the luxury of time to pick and choose what out there things are a bit more difficult, you'll get there in the end though.

After owning a black Avant and knowing how easily it scratches I really like the grey one. It's just the box I don't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats why we said dont rush into buying the first one you see Thom, there are alot around , but as you dont have the luxury of time to pick and choose what out there things are a bit more difficult, you'll get there in the end though.
Yeah I know your all right but it would have been fine if had the car already instead of sat here without. Oh well at worst I only lose a small deposit right...

The problem is until you view the other car you won't know if it's better or worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buying a used car these days is total nightmare , with so many options fitted to different variants as well , I sometimes think flipping a coin would solve a lot decisions etc.

Yeah and I'm so tired of looking to be honest :( I'll see if I can get a lift over to the grey one tomorrow with my son and see it and what its like.

The biggest problem with car searching right now is not being able to go view the cars which is why the black one was so easy for me. My partner looked after our son and my dad drove me around. During the week, I just don't have that luxury with the partner and parents at work.

And when you are sick of looking you tend to just go for the next one that comes along , it a real pain I know the feeling chap....

How do I do or can you do an MOT check on the grey one? Just so I can see how well it's been looked after and if there have been any problems?

most car brands are rubbish these days .... give me classic cars any day, still poor build quality but at least you know it is to start with....

True , but some are better than others.

Skoda are more reliable because they are late to receive VAG technology and thus by then it's more refined .

Spoke to the dealer with the grey Audi, he said the only thing wrong with it was the transmission which he says he has overhauled for £2000 and got receipts for.

I explained my situation and he doesn't recon I'll get my deposit back :(

He's gonna check the isofix system in the rear seats and phone me back but I can only look at the car tomorrow as he's not there today.

Now to wait to hear back from the other one about the repairs....

Such a pain but what do I do, I could go there and love it but be out of pocket by £200 or I hate it and miss out of the black one...

If I get the black one I'll have saved at least £200 and not lost £200 giving me £400 to play around with on upgrading it myself to have parking sensors, new centre console, stereo cage and mirrors. I'll have the nicer alloys and colour too :)

Spoken to the dealer with the black A4 and they said it won't be ready till next week as they are waiting on a part for the window...

I need a car tomorrow at latest but they have said I can take away without the repair at a reduced cost.

I've had a look and the part is about £70ish on europarts http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...bf8559fdd3ad6a69ded600982b9bdc6cc717bd&000374

Should I just get priced reduced?

The problem with getting it at a reduced rate is all fine....but you will still have to get it fitted which may end up costing you more.

Worst case scenario, you take it and they fix it after Xmas.....if you're that desperate.

Reactions: tony mc
i'd follow your heart mate, it sounds like your after the black one, and as you say you do need a car, if it where me i'd go with the black one take him for what you can money off wise, even ask to take the part they've ordered in with the deal and do it yourself, them wheels on the grey one are cack so you'll be wanting to change them at some point and that'll be extra dosh again

Reactions: carlcall
Not that I'm biased but black is sexier when all bufftied up and a nice coat of wax that makes it look wet
big-drooling-smiley-emoticon_zps8ebdc171.gif~c200

Just a PITA to keep looking clean!

Reactions: Charlie Farley and tony mc
you could be rolling in one like this tomorrow, but with the windows up though ha ha
20160521 192320

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Thom Cottrell and carlcall