A4 AFN wiring diagram?

ScottyP45

Reaction score
As the title suggests I need the wiring diagram (current flow diagram) for the B5 AFN TDi motor, I have the A6 version but the wire colours seem different in places. (may not be, read down)

I found a stray plug, 2 pin purple, wires are brown/white and purple....ecu reports no IMTS (inlet manifold temp sensor) but that is present and is plugged in to a plug, identical to the loose one, but with wire colours red/white and white/red on that one. If I swap these, the ecu stops reporting no imts and instead says no egr valve! But that is already plugged in to another plug.

According to the A6 AFN wiring diagram:-

the G72 IMTS should be wired grey/red and brown.

N18 EGR plug should be red/white and white/red.....my current IMTS plug has those, maybe that plug should be on the egr solenoid, its a blue plug on that just now, need to check its colours of wire but its dark, the previous owner fitted the current engine and blew the S102 control fuse so none of the sensors have ever worked but now im thinking they have some plugs on wrong....

Anyone got the B5 AFN wiring pdf? Or know if the A6 one is actually the same anyway? If it is, most of the sensors are on the wrong plugs to the ecu LOL

might be easier to get yourself a copy of elsawin, but i'll look up the colors for you in a minute.

The fact that you plugged the spare wire into the IAT and the IAT fault went away says to me that it should be on there.

The EGR one sounds like its currently plugged into the IAT.

So the next question is whats plugged into the EGR :p

Okies.

N18 (EGR) should have a red/white and white/red, red/white is a live from 15A fuse S102, white/red goes to the ECU pin 25.

G72 (IMTS) should have brown/white and purple/black.

Soo put your stray plug back onto the IMTS, and the current IMTS plug onto the EGR, and work out where the current EGR wire is supposed to go!

spot on matey, thats where I was going! perfect, thats it, the loose plug is the IMTS one etc, now have to find what colour of plug is in the N18 and where the hell it came from....cheers!

I got the supposed elsa / etka / etos discs from fleabay but christ it takes weeks and pages and pages of stupid fapping about to install, must find a simple to install copy of elsawin from somewhere...

ok, i swapped the plugs around, now the IMTS and the EGR solenoid have the right plugs on, and no fault codes!!!

the extra plug, which is maybe for another engine model, is wired white/brown and brown/red (or vice versa, hard to tell thickness of stripe in torchlight) - but all modules clear with no codes, excellent!

so the engine should have been running like **** before with no IMTS signal and no actual control over the egr valve - .....its a testament to the afn engine that it runs with so much faults on the electronics as this one had.