1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 3.0tdi Build ish

spijker Apr 18, 2019

1. spijker

spijker New Member

Thought as the car was on here before a long time ago and its good to keep track of whats been done if i ever let it go...

Id start a thread on the bits and bobs im doing etc.

So to start, traded in at work was this 2005 a4 3.0tdi quattro manual with only 79k on the clock, it already had a few mods on it listed below

2014 a4 sline steering wheel
    Double din headunit
    Lowering springs
    Rs6 rep wheels
    Projector headlights with square halo
    Rubber splitter
    Wind deflectors
    Solid snub mounts red ones cant remember the brand
    Backbox delete

And a **** load of hideous hydrodip and yellow

I was orignally just going to sell it as i already had a b8 3.0tdi, but decide as it was cheap, fun to drive and i could put some pennies away id sell the b8 and keep it.

Soo pics below of how i got it...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. spijker

spijker New Member

Soon after i got rid of the tacky yellow paint , with some black paint and the wheels done in black plastidip as eventually i want different wheels anyway, painted the brake calipers aswell, removed the stickers also.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

James.c likes this.
  4. spijker

spijker New Member

Next up was a complete interior clean, previous owmer had chrildren in the back alot with car seats, so there was bits and bobs inbetween the cracks etc as you would expect, nothing a decent scrub and leather balm couldnt sort out.

Love the steering wheel makes it so much more modern inside![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. spijker

spijker New Member

Next up was blacking the grill, getting rid of the plate plynths and replacing the plates for a decent set of standard ones , waste of money in the end as i put my plate on it anyway but nevermind aha i also got rid of most of the badges off the back.

The n/s mirror was in primer when i got it, i sprayed that with an aerosol can i got madr up and its come out pretty well to be fair.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

James.c likes this.
  6. spijker

spijker New Member

As it already had rear white leds , seemed silly to have front led halo and then **** halogen bulbs so ive swapped them out for a hid kit...as xenons are silly money , using my da i got a few scratches from over the years out as best i could with me not being a pro.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. spijker

spijker New Member

Got my private plate on with a shortened rear, got rid of the hydroshite from the engine bay again as best as i can for now till i find a replacement , i know alot of you probably wotn like but the rear rings have gone for now they were knackered and so its staying smooth for now...maybe

Ive done interior led's now too but have no pics.

Its got two issues the coil light comes on whenever it feels like it, came up with faulty glowplug number 5 so i replaced that glowplug only for now as im scared of them snapping , it came out fine the light went for a couple days and is now back to doing what it wants.

The next issue is my fuel guage also does what it wants...bleeps at me to tell me it needs fuel when it doesnt and even with a full tank only reads to half .

Ive got it booked into quattro tech to be looked at soon as senders are not my cuppa tea at all .[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. spijker

spijker New Member

Windows tinted today [​IMG]

Ricky Burrows likes this.
  9. slowpace

slowpace New Member

Very nice :)

CHRIS SPIJKER likes this.
  10. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Active Member

Looks good spijker, thank god you have saved the car from certain doom by removing the reflective safety jacket yellow lol, can’t go wrong with black! Combined with the dark grey it looks menacing, has it got the gtr-ish sound with the back box delete?

11. CHRIS SPIJKER

CHRIS SPIJKER New Member

Thanks chaps! Yeh definitely looks more meaty now will be better when the trims are black.

Urmm sort of inside the cabin it sounds v8ish outside it sounds like a v6 combined with the koo of a fabia vrs

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Active Member

Skoda Fabia lol that sounds like a good enough reason to go straight pipe and decat then lol.

14. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

Didn't that avant belong to another member on ASN B7 forum.

15. CHRIS SPIJKER

CHRIS SPIJKER New Member

Yes bud a while back it did he posted a couple times on here thats where i got most of my info from hes bought a kia from my work

16. CHRIS SPIJKER

CHRIS SPIJKER New Member

Finally got rid of all the chrome on the car bar the front badge which ive ordered , went for satin black so it blends into the seals etc , and then added a sunstrip [​IMG][​IMG]

James.c likes this.
  17. CHRIS SPIJKER

CHRIS SPIJKER New Member

Then the biggest task soo far, removing everything trim wise and rooflining with a mate, dying it all, spray painting trims etc and then putting it all back in, cant stand the normal grey in audis, black has really made me love the interior so much more.

Starting to really like the car now aha[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sidrick likes this.
  18. CHRIS SPIJKER

CHRIS SPIJKER New Member

Pretty pleased with how its looking ive fitted some dynamic indicators into the wings that are alot darker than standard just need to decide on wheels next i think [​IMG]

19. CHRIS SPIJKER

CHRIS SPIJKER New Member

Bit bored of the wheels if anyone has some for sale[​IMG]

Ricky Burrows likes this.
  20. TOM.S

TOM.S Active Member

Hi Chris. Would you mind sharing what product/s did you use to paint the headliner, interior bits?
    I a have a dull beige interior and would like to change its appearance too.

21. James.c

James.c Active Member

What a difference from how it looked when you bought it! Looks great, do you have any vids of how it sounds? What hp is it running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. CHRIS SPIJKER

CHRIS SPIJKER New Member

Yeh man no probs, auto glym fast dye, and spray paint plenty of coats of the dye then final coat is satin black spray paint

TOM.S likes this.
  23. CHRIS SPIJKER

CHRIS SPIJKER New Member

Thanks james! Yeh its mad when you look back how much its changed i do have a video somewhere if i figure out how to put it on here ill pop it up
    Its 265 break unsure on torque done by vrt in slough

James.c likes this.
  24. CHRIS SPIJKER

CHRIS SPIJKER New Member

Eventful couple weeks for the car, some old lady scraped across my rear bumper while i was trying to park, luckily i got it out using my da and some compound so shes all good now![​IMG]

25. CHRIS SPIJKER

CHRIS SPIJKER New Member

Today the projector fell off in my headlight the previous owner didnt do the best job of fitting them but they did work never the less, always had more fake carbon dip which ive always hated, so when it broke was a good chance to strip them apart glue them in place and get rid of the hydro dip.

Looks much better...more oem and wont fall off again hope fully so im pretty pleased[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

James.c likes this.