A4 3.0TDI 2013 rpm idle adjustment help

markm,

Reaction score
Website
www.amtuning.uk
Hi all.

has anyone adjusted the idle speed on a B8.5 3.0TDI engine.. mine currently sits at 500rpm/min and I want to increase to 525 or 550rpm/min.

I've tried with my Launch X431 and VCDS and both come up with new parameter is out of range ? the engine was running and hot , under rpm adjustment option in Adaptation under Engine you can only adjust the rpm per minute as below.

Current is set to 0.0 / Min
New is changeable but set to 0.0 / min.. I've tried 5.25/0.525 etc and all say out of range and similar on my launch.

Any idea's .

TIA.

Reactions: Franmoti
If the current value is 0.0 and it runs at 500rpm, is it worth trying to set it to only that which you wish to add, so 0.25 or 0.50 to try adding 25 or 50 rpm?

No idea if that will work mind, never played with idle speeds (not even sure why you'd want to?)

500rpm sounds like a low idle speed, but I suppose it's another way of eeking a bit more fuel economy out of the car. On my 3.0 TDI B8 I tweaked the idle speed up and the value you enter in VCDS is the number of RPM that you want to offset the current idle speed.
So if was 500rpm and you wanted 550 you would enter 50.
It is rejecting the values you are entering as they are not whole numbers.
If you wanted to slow the idle speed by 25 rpm then you would enter -25 .

Reactions: Misikee and markm,
If the current value is 0.0 and it runs at 500rpm, is it worth trying to set it to only that which you wish to add, so 0.25 or 0.50 to try adding 25 or 50 rpm?

No idea if that will work mind, never played with idle speeds (not even sure why you'd want to?)

only cause when you idel and change gear, mainly reverse the rpm drops to 450 and labours engine so my thought was to increase it a touch

500rpm sounds like a low idle speed, but I suppose it's another way of eeking a bit more fuel economy out of the car. On my 3.0 TDI B8 I tweaked the idle speed up and the value you enter in VCDS is the number of RPM that you want to offset the current idle speed.
So if was 500rpm and you wanted 550 you would enter 50.
It is rejecting the values you are entering as they are not whole numbers.
If you wanted to slow the idle speed by 25 rpm then you would enter -25 .

will give try later , cheers

tried it and it didnt work lol.. more things to try.

Hi, I have problem like you, I want change idle rpm for my Audi A4 B8.5 CDUC 3.0TDi. When I want change with VCDS (engine - adaptation - chanel 2, in chanel 2 is number 0.0), I want increase 50rpm (from 600 to 650rpm, when engine is warm), VCDS show me "number is out of range". I try login with 27971 password, but it is not working. Password accepted, but VCDS show "number is out of range" too.
Sorry for my eng :)
Thank for comments.

Hi, I have problem like you, I want change idle rpm for my Audi A4 B8.5 CDUC 3.0TDi. When I want change with VCDS (engine - adaptation - chanel 2, in chanel 2 is number 0.0), I want increase 50rpm (from 600 to 650rpm, when engine is warm), VCDS show me "number is out of range". I try login with 27971 password, but it is not working. Password accepted, but VCDS show "number is out of range" too.
Sorry for my eng :)
Thank for comments.
Hello everybody! I also have the same car and was trying to configure it, but only less than 0.1 were accepted, (e.g. 0.05), but still, after the change was accepted by the system, nothing changed and the stored value remained at 0.0 :(