A4 3.0 Quattro or Audi TTC 225

RobG

Reaction score
Website
www.robgeorgeson.com
I donty know what car to get!! I dont know whether to go for the new A4 3.0 Quattro with the optional kit on it or get a TTC 225bhp. What are everyone elses thoughts?

Welcome to the board Rob.

Personally I'd go for the TTC. Reasons being:

1, I prefer the styling, smaller and more sporty.

2, I prefer the interior, again more sporty/fashionable and with a 'cocooning' feel to it.

3, I've got no kids (yet) so I'm not ***** about rear seat space and a massive boot (the TTC is reasonably practical anyway).

4, The 225 TTC can be easily chipped to 270ish BHP for less then £900, this is probably my main reason for choosing the car over the A4.

5, The TTC would probably handle better and be more 'chuckable' due to it's smaller size.

6, The 1.8T engine in the TT can be fairly economical if you drive it right (30mpg+), the 3.0 would be more thirsty I'm sure.

Oh to have the choice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,

Christian

there are not many cars that look as good as that new A4; quite the predicament you're in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

have you driven them both? that would be my first step!

-- james

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the best thing is indeed to drive both cars. I would go
for the A4 3.0 q. why ? it looks great, 6 cilinder, more options to choose from (Nav Plus etc.)

have fun driving both cars !

Difficult one m8... kitted A4 looks well mean... very sexy, but then u have the TTC which has huge tuning potential against the 3.0 NA V6 which has next to none. Really depends wat u want from it. If u are not going to mod it engine wise, then i would go the the A4 as it will serve more purposes.. more versatile, but if you want tuning potential, it has to be the TTC. As Christian said, it would be so nice to have your dilemma!

Let us know what u choose!

On the other hand, Get a 1.8T quattro, and drop a 2.7T RS4 in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Best of both worlds.. have a 380 monster A4

Rich

I test drove the two at the weekend and to my suprise the A4 felt more stable going round corners fast. I like the TT but I think that the price of them is going to plumet sooner or later, where as the A4 is quite new. The 3.0ltr A4 sound quality aswell and that kit makes it. Ive put a offer in on a 51plate A4 quattro with 8000 miles on it, with the kit already on it Im just waiting to see what they'll offer me for mine all it needs is them quality new 5spoke RS6 alloys on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Yer mate ive made my mind up and im gonna go for the A4 I think they look at beast with that optional kit on. Plus there a bit new looking

the only thing to be aware of, is that I've heard there's going to be an S4 cab come the Detroit Motor Show. There'll probably be a big price difference, but if you're willing to pay it may be worth keeping in mind

-- james

I had a TTR225 for 2.5 years and now have had an A4 Cab 3.0 Sport Multi for six months and find the Cab a much better car all round.