A4 2020 seatback reclining by itself

n0derat

Reaction score
Hi,

I though I was seeing things - however I marked the seatback position and apparently it is indeed reclining by itself a few degrees every couple of days. S-Line seats with manual adjustment. Here are the photos, taken 5 days apart. What the ... ? has anybody encoundered such a thing before?

cheers,

Attachments

• 20200924_181756.jpg
    20200924_181756.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 256
  • 20200929_194709.jpg
    20200929_194709.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 213
It's probably a rebound movement that makes it move by itself when you get in, out, clearly a faulty seat, Audi will swap out the seat or parts.

Thanks. I reported the problem to the dealer last week, they said nobody has ever had such an issue, and to take photos which I just did as it happened today again. I am thinking of requesting an upgrade to electric drivers seat, to eliminate this happening again. Will accept additional payment if it isn't going to be exorbitantly high. Would you think they could do that? What is unfortunate, I am going abroad for a month with this very car...

I am thinking of requesting an upgrade to electric drivers seat, to eliminate this happening again. Will accept additional payment if it isn't going to be exorbitantly high.

Don't waste your breath asking. You haven't got a prayer of them doing that for you

Only way you'll get upgraded to electric seats from Audi is to sell your car and buy one with them already fitted!

Reactions: jds_sg
I was kind of expecting that, still - that is disappointing. they are getting by with selling cars with faulty seats, software, rattling panels and all, yet are totally inflexible with customer requests.

I was kind of expecting that, still - that is disappointing. they are getting by with selling cars with faulty seats, software, rattling panels and all, yet are totally inflexible with customer requests.

Yes you'll get used to that! Just one of many reasons I've binned out of mine and sold it .

Hi,

I though I was seeing things - however I marked the seatback position and apparently it is indeed reclining by itself a few degrees every couple of days. S-Line seats with manual adjustment. Here are the photos, taken 5 days apart. What the ... ? has anybody encoundered such a thing before?

If it took 5 days to move that much then you've got nothing to worry about. Most mechanical recliner mechanisms will regress slightly over time, at least they have in pretty much every car I've ever owned, some more than others. It's not like you've got to adjust it all the time though is it?

If it took 5 days to move that much then you've got nothing to worry about. Most mechanical recliner mechanisms will regress slightly over time, at least they have in pretty much every car I've ever owned, some more than others. It's not like you've got to adjust it all the time though is it?

It was rather like that:
- no movement for 4 days
- sudden movement 5th day
checked / verified thanks to the marking.

This way or another, this is annoying. I'm afraid that it will get worse over time. I had 2 BMWs with manual seats before and there that didn't happen.

Never in 20 years of Audi ownership have I had seat slippage & it shouldn't move at all tbh, so either they've not put enough to resistance on the fixing to stop movement of this nature or it's a faulty part, it categorically shouldn't move like this at all tbh, should remain fairly static, unless he's doing something obscure.

If you see his pics, he does have to adjust all the time, on a new car you shouldn't need to touch it hardly ever tbh, that slippage isn't normal.

Reactions: Sibmets