A4 2003 B6 Head Unit

ViksAudi

Reaction score
Good Evening Folks,

Having recently purchased this car, I was wondering if i could get some advise. Currently installed in the car is the single Din Audi Concert head unit but I was looking to change this as I need something Ideally with Bluetooth. I ordered a package off ebay which said it had the facia and patch leads but I think it might be wrong as out of the back of the concert came to many cables that I am unfamiliar with. Was hoping someone could put me in the right direction for a loom or just advise what the current cables do so I can try and figure something out?
Any help is appreciated, Please see attached photo.
Regards,

Vik.

I think the red block is your power cables and the black is your speakers but these audis are fairly complecated as you may have rear amplified speakers and a sub in your parcel shelf as I do which also is in the blocks.

look on the top of the radio , it will tell you what all the wires are .

Hi yer Vic

did some research for you, you have 3 different connector blocks lol try not to look at them as one mass of cabling

http://cdchangeremulator.com/free-car-audio-info/info_9.html this will give you the pin outs for your radio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectors_for_car_audio this will give you an idea of the general pin outs used by most car audio manufactures

the large 8 x 8 block connector is your car stereo speakers and power side connection Red constant 12 volt plus (goes to yellow), Black red switched ignition (goes to red) blue or blue white switch on wire (goes to blue) and orange is normally illumination (goes to either orange or orange white or sometimes can be orange yellow) and the other 8 pin block covers your speaker connection you may have in this block 4 wires front speaker output with the back speakers amplified or 8 wires so you car stereo does all the amplification if you get an aftermarket stereo this is the one you need to concentrate on the red one is pre-out connector to your rear amp located on the right hand (drivers side) side just forward of your back wheel arch (you can get adaptor cables for this so the aftermarket stereo can use the rear amp)

the black connector is I think is can bus which is the manufactures systems, the trouble with any oem car stereo is you must think when it was originally manufactured and you would be surprised that Nokia was the main phone manufacture then and most car stereo's of that time work with nokia but times have moved on Audi do a phone kit for the A4 but its for a nokia that hasn't been made for about 20 years lol

you want Bluetooth get a unit with Parrot Bluetooth, Parrot make the best Bluetooth systems Vic I'am sure you will agree that you pay for what you get, I've had 3 A4 cab's and removed the Audi stereo's out of all of them I can give you advise on all range of upgrades you can think of as I've re-cabled and taken all the speakers out of mine and put in new amps in my current A4 the are some very good guys and girls on the site you may also want to chase dualmono 21 a member who is knowledgeable on all things car stereo lol

hi yer Deano
sorry mate wouldn't have a clue no experience of that unit normally as soon as get an Audi the first thing I do is take the stereo out and sell it on Fleabay or chuck it in the bin lol have a look for the moderators on the site Scottish Sandra is one off them there's bound to be someone on here that can help