A4 2.0tfsi quattro lacking...

Also something else to consider there could maybe be a sense of not feeling like you moving particularly quickly due to the size/weight and the impressive amount of sound deadening in these cars.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
That said alex, since fitting the 034 HFC, silicone intake, airfilter and remap to my old bus once you get on boost in third it just keep on going through the gears, maximum grin factor all the way:yahoo: , I have to use right foot restraint way more than i'd like.:whistle2:

Reactions: AvantMike
Also something else to consider there could maybe be a sense of not feeling like you moving particularly quickly due to the size/weight and the impressive amount of sound deadening in these cars.
And that is just it Alex, the a4 buses are not hot hatch's , they are mid sized family buses, well the avant's are..lol and are built pretty well for the most part and you get performance with a good level of luxury to boot.
You really can get caught out sometimes at how fast one is travelling as it just doesn't feel fast , but normally is.

I went out in my c5 today and the noise was so bad on the motorway, it’s amazing how much louder it is compared to my c6.

the misses has an Octavia vrs TFSI and that’s been mapped by the previous owner, the TFSI engine is very torquey and linear in my opinion, being only fwd it struggles to put the power down in first and second, goes like stabbed rat when you hit the VVT changeover point, it’s a very fun drive.

I was so impressed with the TFSI engine I’m currently wanting a b7 Quattro as the handling should be spot on.

I've already bought the K04, just need the car now :tearsofjoy:

I went out in my c5 today and the noise was so bad on the motorway, it’s amazing how much louder it is compared to my c6.

the misses has an Octavia vrs TFSI and that’s been mapped by the previous owner, the TFSI engine is very torquey and linear in my opinion, being only fwd it struggles to put the power down in first and second, goes like stabbed rat when you hit the VVT changeover point, it’s a very fun drive.

I was so impressed with the TFSI engine I’m currently wanting a b7 Quattro as the handling should be spot on.

I've already bought the K04, just need the car now :tearsofjoy:
I'd love the k04 swap as I think that would transform it completely to what I imagine I'm missing. I've been look at Celtic tuning as an option they claim "The Audi A4 (B7) 2005-2007 ECU remap takes the power from 216bhp up to 265bhp and the torque from 221lb/ft up to 281lb/ft." And will come to you to map for around 300 quid. Tempting

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The K04 swap will cost you a fair few pounds after you have added up the total cost of the parts then a remap to suit.
K04 or hybrid , FMIC , HPFP, HFC or similar, Large bore down pipe,s3 injectors etc, and a remap plus you'll need a new clutch …...it's a big old bill .
Just get a decent remap and see what how you feel after that.

The difference between k03 and k04 will be massive, my mate who deals with my mapping says I’ll see 360bhp on it, which should make it quite fun to drive.

but it’ll require s3 injectors a HPFP, FMIC and a DP of some sort as a minimal requirement if i recall correctly.

a standard flash will be your best bang for buck first, not used or heard feedback for Celtic tuning so can’t say what they are like.

it’ll be noticeably different with 50bhp and 60ft/lb of torque, I currently can’t say what it’s like on a quattro but in 2wd form it’s nice and quick, and I do have quicker cars for comparison, it’s not like I go round telling everyone how rapid my mk4 tdi golf is

I'm going the hybrid route after xmas , already have the FMIC ,large bore down pipe and HFC etc so just need S3 injectors to add into the equation.
I don't really need the performance to be honest as the old us runs superb as it is, more a case of wanting to see what all the fuss is about.
Nothing ventured nothing gained .:yes:

Reactions: Bbflex
The difference between k03 and k04 will be massive, my mate who deals with my mapping says I’ll see 360bhp on it, which should make it quite fun to drive.

but it’ll require s3 injectors a HPFP, FMIC and a DP of some sort as a minimal requirement if i recall correctly.

a standard flash will be your best bang for buck first, not used or heard feedback for Celtic tuning so can’t say what they are like.

it’ll be noticeably different with 50bhp and 60ft/lb of torque, I currently can’t say what it’s like on a quattro but in 2wd form it’s nice and quick, and I do have quicker cars for comparison, it’s not like I go round telling everyone how rapid my mk4 tdi golf is

The difference between the quattro and 2wd to drive is like night and day, and if you are going up in performance you need quattro to get the most of all the power , no point in just wheel spinning all over the place, best to get all that power into usefull controlled forward motion.

Your probably looking at £2500 min for a K04 upgrade, done properly around the £3k mark and beyond

The difference between the quattro and 2wd to drive is like night and day, and if you are going up in performance you need quattro to get the most of all the power , no point in just wheel spinning all over the place, best to get all that power into usefull controlled forward motion.

I’ve got a real problem currently when it comes to cars the quickest car I currently own is a k04’d B5 s4 running 450bhp built by myself.

here’s me driving it in a banana suit
0C19E31D 534F 4669 92CE 2F1C9653D428

Reactions: Dan_Avant, Bobbytea, DieselJake and 2 others
Well your most certainly a top banana then.:icon thumright:

I'm going the hybrid route after xmas , already have the FMIC ,large bore down pipe and HFC etc so just need S3 injectors to add into the equation.
I don't really need the performance to be honest as the old us runs superb as it is, more a case of wanting to see what all the fuss is about.
Nothing ventured nothing gained .:yes:

I have a mate who has what was/is the quickest PJ k03 b5 s4 in the country and the lack of lag makes it brilliant and lightening quick on country roads, my mate did say I’d loose some of that low down punch with a k04 that makes the k03 TFSI so good around town and in normal driving, so going hybrid is a very good choice in my opinion.

You’ll surely see 300bhp+ out of a hybrid? It’s not exactly going to be slow by any means to be fair, and not being a 1.8t your good to go with torque, which was the biggest bonus in my eyes with a 2.0tfsi as you don’t have to open it up to get over 300ft/lbs of torque

I just want to see what all the fuss is about really...fast bikes are my preferred performance tool all day long.

Reactions: gils and Bbflex
You’ll surely see 300bhp+ out of a hybrid? It’s not exactly going to be slow by any means to be fair, and not being a 1.8t your good to go with torque, which was the biggest bonus in my eyes with a 2.0tfsi as you don’t have to open it up to get over 300ft/lbs of torque

I'm on 270 now which does go very well , not convinced going to 300 is going to feel a massive difference, maybe 360 would though...:thumbs up:

I do love bikes, I threw the towel in when I was 19 after a bad off on my CBR and got a car licence for work, I should of got back in the saddle, but now in all honesty I’m probably too scared to get knocked off by some 4 wheeled Mong

the s4 is a really good buzz to be fair, I giggle like a child when it comes on full boost and all the flames and stuff is like being a teenager again, my mate who does my mapping has a 810bhp rs6, now I can’t imagine what that’s like as I’m a terrible passenger and refuse to get in for a ride

I do love bikes, I threw the towel in when I was 19 after a bad off on my CBR and got a car licence for work, I should of got back in the saddle, but now in all honesty I’m probably too scared to get knocked off by some 4 wheeled Mong

the s4 is a really good buzz to be fair, I giggle like a child when it comes on full boost and all the flames and stuff is like being a teenager again, my mate who does my mapping has a 810bhp rs6, now I can’t imagine what that’s like as I’m a terrible passenger and refuse to get in for a ride

I'm 56 and still have the bike itch, has to be Red and Italian and start with "D" :yes:

Anyway, I think we're drifting of subject matter a bit.:whistle2::yes:

I'm on 270 now which does go very well , not convinced going to 300 is going to feel a massive difference, maybe 360 would though...:thumbs up:

Yeah but just think how you’re improving power to weight! 30 bhp May not sound a lot in the grand scheme (mind you it’s still over 10% increase!)

250bhp with 1580kg - 158.2 per ton
270bhp with 1580kg - 170.9 per ton
300bhp with 1580kg - 189.9 per ton

And that’s probably why you enjoy motorbikes so much ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but just think how you’re improving power to weight! 30 bhp May not sound a lot in the grand scheme (mind you it’s still over 10% increase!)

250bhp with 1580kg - 158.2 per ton
270bhp with 1580kg - 170.9 per ton
300bhp with 1580kg - 189.9 per ton

And that’s probably why you enjoy motorbikes so much ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suppose that 30bhp will offset the extra weight of my full electric S4 recaro's ..lol

Reactions: Bobbytea and Bbflex
Christmas sandwiches are ruining my power to weight ratio.

Reactions: Dan_Avant, Bobbytea and Sidrick
I remember when I had my first 2.0tfsi jetta '07 which was quick after a remap and a K&N cold air intake, it use to make the front wheels spin. For my B7 I had to do more research as it was a cheap ebay auction purchase with a few issues which have been sorted out. I would recommend replacing the DV for a new one or upgrade the current one using GFB DV+. Also check that your N75 valve and the other one which i forgot what it was called as they dont come up on the scan code, there are different methods for testing them.

As for my B7 performance mods on a budget... I went for a cat delete (£90), cheap budget cold air intake £60 (i may revert back to a k&N panel filter) and a generic map (£250) from a remapping company which i would say is around stage 1 figures but family members believe that its more then 250bhp.

For anyone that's asking about my MOT situation, i have to fit my cat back into the car when i go in for a test.
I may start investing in a HFC after i get a my HPFP upgraded.

I’ve owned this car going on 5 years and I think rather the car adjusting to you you should adjust to the car where this car excels in is corners whenever I’m driving with others my car accelerators away also re the turbo you have have to learn to press early on the gas mid corner to spoil up on exit. I rarely smoke other cars but I’m king on corners with this car.

I’ve owned this car going on 5 years and I think rather the car adjusting to you you should adjust to the car where this car excels in is corners whenever I’m driving with others my car accelerators away also re the turbo you have have to learn to press early on the gas mid corner to spoil up on exit. I rarely smoke other cars but I’m king on corners with this car.
:icon thumright:

I been off this brilliant forum for a few months now and thought id add my two pence to the conversation...

Main reason i haven't been on is because i fell out of love with this car for the same problem your having, it just isn't fast enough, coming from a diesel with 280hp and 600nm and an aprilia rsv 1000 as the toy it just felt boring, slow and generally hard work just to make it move, i always planned to map mine at RTech as mine is fwd, after a cold air intake and cat back exhaust (never wanted to go to crazy) but from what i found is oem clutch is terrible and torque needs to be capped at 300-310 ft lbs from memory and peak power seems to hover around 250hp which don't seem a big improvement over the 216 factory but the thing people miss is the mid range power you gain and you can expect to see minimum 60hp gain mid range and for me that’s exactly where this car needs it, so id just get a custom map from a reputable tuner and see how you feel I'm sure it will be a different car, i also found with the fwd turbo you need to be good on the loud pedal in 1st gear otherwise your be like all the civic type r’s all noise and no go but drive it right and you should be golden apart from that you should have a better all round driving experience.

I been off this brilliant forum for a few months now and thought id add my two pence to the conversation...

Main reason i haven't been on is because i fell out of love with this car for the same problem your having, it just isn't fast enough, coming from a diesel with 280hp and 600nm and an aprilia rsv 1000 as the toy it just felt boring, slow and generally hard work just to make it move, i always planned to map mine at RTech as mine is fwd, after a cold air intake and cat back exhaust (never wanted to go to crazy) but from what i found is oem clutch is terrible and torque needs to be capped at 300-310 ft lbs from memory and peak power seems to hover around 250hp which don't seem a big improvement over the 216 factory but the thing people miss is the mid range power you gain and you can expect to see minimum 60hp gain mid range and for me that’s exactly where this car needs it, so id just get a custom map from a reputable tuner and see how you feel I'm sure it will be a different car, i also found with the fwd turbo you need to be good on the loud pedal in 1st gear otherwise your be like all the civic type r’s all noise and no go but drive it right and you should be golden apart from that you should have a better all round driving experience.
I'm in a way relieved I'm not the only one. On paper it should be a blast... just in practice it's not the same experience I was hoping for, I'm currently debating a piggy back remap from the likes of racechip as If i sell i can sell as a standard vehicle... or going for a revo flash as there is a dealer 10 miles from me.... I've also had my share of fast bikes and plenty faster cars, I just keep finding myself looking at b8 s4 avant manuals and thinking maybe that was what I should have got and spent a little more money.

Aside from the umph I enjoy the drive its comfortable, plenty of space for the family, I've taken Robs advice and been a little more "persuasive" with the loud pedal in 2nd and 3rd, I think someone mentioned they drive great in town as grip and power is pently but it's the 30-70 range once you've got moving I want more.

Fingers crossed the map and the extra midrange hit sorts it out. I feel it's the torque thats gonna make the difference to me personally

Welcome back Ricky

Thought you'd left the B7 camp for good as you've been abscent for sometime.
Sound like you have fallen out of love with your B7 then, shame really as it is a nice one , but they are a very fickle thing the turbo B7's .
In a way they improve with time as one gets to know their oddities and engine characteristics , I know my old bus very well now and how to make it move in a somewhat rapid forward motion.
They respond very well to a HFC , down pipe and remap, probably the best combo for a good boost without spending silly money.
I'm going the hybrid route shortly just to see if it really makes that much more difference, but in all honesty mine goes like stink and makes me grin everytime.

I'm in a way relieved I'm not the only one. On paper it should be a blast... just in practice it's not the same experience I was hoping for, I'm currently debating a piggy back remap from the likes of racechip as If i sell i can sell as a standard vehicle... or going for a revo flash as there is a dealer 10 miles from me.... I've also had my share of fast bikes and plenty faster cars, I just keep finding myself looking at b8 s4 avant manuals and thinking maybe that was what I should have got and spent a little more money.

Aside from the umph I enjoy the drive its comfortable, plenty of space for the family, I've taken Robs advice and been a little more "persuasive" with the loud pedal in 2nd and 3rd, I think someone mentioned they drive great in town as grip and power is pently but it's the 30-70 range once you've got moving I want more.

Fingers crossed the map and the extra midrange hit sorts it out. I feel it's the torque thats gonna make the difference to me personally

Yeah definitely i keep looking at the audi c6 s6 and wonder if i should sell up and get one but think im going to stick with the b7 for now, yeah where my issue is midrange as well and also i think sometimes you have to just realise it is only just over 200hp i guess you cant expect much really compared to what cars are making nowadays anyway hence why i wanted to concentrate on the handling side, its worth mapping I'm sticking by mine as I've just looked at pics on here of it in the summer and realise how nice it looks when clean lol (living in the sticks in winter makes your car a tad dirty) lol as for revo we do a lot of work for them and i asked them why they charge so much for an off the shelf map as they don't have a dyno and i was swiftly told there not iff the shelf they just tune them out on the road so may well be worth a look into if there close to you?

Welcome back Ricky

Thought you'd left the B7 camp for good as you've been abscent for sometime.
Sound like you have fallen out of love with your B7 then, shame really as it is a nice one , but they are a very fickle thing the turbo B7's .
In a way they improve with time as one gets to know their oddities and engine characteristics , I know my old bus very well now and how to make it move in a somewhat rapid forward motion.
They respond very well to a HFC , down pipe and remap, probably the best combo for a good boost without spending silly money.
I'm going the hybrid route shortly just to see if it really makes that much more difference, but in all honesty mine goes like stink and makes me grin everytime.
Hi Rob

Im not gone just yet the b7 has brought me back to reality after looking at some v10 s6’s and there annual tax bill and fuel of course lol think ill be sticking with the girl just need to get some exterior bits make me love her a little more again, ay i did put some nice led headlight bulbs in though haha

Hi Rob

Im not gone just yet the b7 has brought me back to reality after looking at some v10 s6’s and there annual tax bill and fuel of course lol think ill be sticking with the girl just need to get some exterior bits make me love her a little more again, ay i did put some nice led headlight bulbs in though haha

If your down my way , pop in for a cuppa and take my old bus out for a spin, you'll be pleasantly surprised and what your b7 should be like.:thumbs up:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
And just to throw this into the mix again, the DV revision you have fitted does make a big difference, trust me , having tried 3 of the revisions on my old bus one stands out as being by far the best for overall performance,
Anyone care to take a random guess which one.:thumbs up:

And just to throw this into the mix again, the DV revision you have fitted does make a big difference, trust me , having tried 3 of the revisions on my old bus one stands out as being by far the best for overall performance,
Anyone care to take a random guess which one.:thumbs up:
The GFB its the only one that should be on a 2.0 tfsi lol

Nope, its not that one Ricky, its good but not what I would recommend out of the options,but hey all down to personal preference.:icon thumright:

Last edited:
GFB works well but the Rev G oem DV is the best one of the bunch, also half the price of the GFB.
Rev D is the newest and is a piston affair but does'nt hold the boost as well as the rev G which is the better of the diaphram valves.
having tried all the oem valves the rev G is by far the best for performance purposes, cant comment on the GFB from other than a cost point of view which is double the oem part and i doubt it works any better than the rev G other than it may last a bit longer .

GFB works well but the Rev G oem DV is the best one of the bunch, also half the price of the GFB.
Rev D is the newest and is a piston affair but does'nt hold the boost as well as the rev G which is the better of the diaphram valves.
having tried all the oem valves the rev G is by far the best for performance purposes, cant comment on the GFB from other than a cost point of view which is double the oem part and i doubt it works any better than the rev G other than it may last a bit longer .
Yeah good point on the price front, the reason i went with gfb is because of watching mighty car mods and they rate them highly also its all metal internals so its one of them things you never have to replace again plus it will hold up to high boost if your going down that route.

The GFB its the only one that should be on a 2.0 tfsi lol
I definitely agree on that! I'm still keeping it stock, for reliability issues, so i decided to go for a racechip s, just for weekend fun! Long story short, it's on all week and it's amazing how a few horses, but mostly a little more torque change this cars so much! I imagine the transformation going more deep on the mods...

Yeah good point on the price front, the reason i went with gfb is because of watching mighty car mods and they rate them highly also its all metal internals so its one of them things you never have to replace again plus it will hold up to high boost if your going down that route.

There are known and documented issues wit the GFB dv that effect numerous applications across the tfsi engine range.
They will not be encountered with the Rev G oem DV as the GFB uses a piston setup with the oem solenoid , whereas the oem rev G is a diaphragm setup, it wont last as long as aGFB or Rev D oem but from a performance stand point is by far the best.
Change it every 40k miles and its still cheaper than the GFB.
I'm not anti GFB chaps, but it is basically just a rev D with the end of the day.
Take your choice....