A4 2.0tfsi DTM starting problem

ramboDTM

Reaction score
For ages now (in fact I think since I bought it in February) my car has had problems starting.

It will sometimes start fine, and other times not. It doesnt matter whether it is hot or cold! If I give it some throttle when starting, it start fine, bang on the button, but if not, then it just mongs out (see below vid)

I spent half a day with Gio, and not once did it do it over about 10 starts, but as soon as I got home it did it lol

He suggested maybe crank and cam sensors, which sounds very likely, but there are no error codes what so ever, so I just wondered if anyone has had a similar thing so that I dont have to throw money at it for nothing.

Just as a mention, I've got the APR run flap delete installed, and I believe its been mapped for this as once its started, it idles and runs great, so going by what everyone else says, if its not mapped for the RFD, then it tends to idle really bad...but who knows?

I told you already what to do sell it ;) jk

I hope someone has the similar issue to you.

HAHA I cant sell it now, I've spent too much money lol

Looks like no one's had this before. I guess I'll just have to start replacing sensors lol

try the N80 purge valve

well known to fail and cause hard starts
plenty of info on the net about it.

I changed one yesterday.

and have had the same fault on 2 other audis.

I paid £18 with discount from audi but there around £30.

Its the rfd mate. Mine is exactly the same from cold

I always thought that, but going by all the posts I could find, everyones was different to mine. But if you say its exactly the same, then ****** lol, looks like I'm stuck with it haha

try the N80 purge valve

well known to fail and cause hard starts
plenty of info on the net about it.

I changed one yesterday.

and have had the same fault on 2 other audis.

I paid £18 with discount from audi but there around £30.

already changed it, but thanks anyway